Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The_Papa_Neil

Supporter
Country Flag
ireland
Good afternoon all. Thanks for letting me join. My name is Neil Bailey. I have just put a deposit down on a Troopy 1HZ - the intention is to convert iit to an overland camper.

Good afternoon all. Thanks for letting me join. My name is Neil Bailey. I have just put a deposit down on a Troopy 1HZ - the intention is to convert iit to an overland camper.
Hello Neil,

We are based in the UK, you?
Please advise: Howis it possible to register a Euro 2 new vehicle?

Hello Neil,

We are based in the UK, you?
Please advise: Howis it possible to register a Euro 2 new vehicle?
Great question and one which continues to concern me. Yes I am based in the U.K. I am relying on the knowledge and experience of the importer, plus have agreed that I do not pay unless he delivers a registered vehicle. Apparently the fact that the vehicle is LHD makes it ULEZ compliant, however getting through the IVA process is a different matter. I am keeping fingers crossed.

Whoever is telling you that LHD makes it ulez exempt, is not accurate. I am assuming you meant exempt when you said compliant. Because only way to be compliant is to meet the euro6 spec.

Also, note that only some regions like London will go by paperwork. Places like Birmingham do it by last mot emission report. London is expected to move to this as well, in 2025.

We had discussion with and similar assurances from the gentlemen of Kent just yesterday. Need to get this firmly sorted else it looks as though we are all back on board the LR 130!
I feel that there must be recent experience elsewhere in the group to definitively answer this.
Looking beyond the initial registration what happens in year three when the emissions expectation at the MOT expects emissions values in line with Euro 6d?

Whoever is telling you that LHD makes it ulez exempt, is not accurate. I am assuming you meant exempt when you said compliant. Because only way to be compliant is to meet the euro6 spec.

Also, note that only some regions like London will go by paperwork. Places like Birmingham do it by last mot emission report. London is expected to move to this as well, in 2025.
Appreciate your comments. This is not my area of expertise so must rely on the importer - which is why I have made payment reliant on successful U.K. registration.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Appreciate your comments. This is not my area of expertise so must rely on the importer - which is why I have made payment reliant on successful U.K. registration.
Perhaps you would consider periodically updating your progress on the purchase? I for one would find this really helpful.

Absolutely delighted that you have crossed these two major hurdles.
Did they ask for a lot of mods. to comply with the IVA?
What did the mot part of the IVA make of Euro +-0 emissions?
Have you had a chance to drive her yet?

The importer handled the process. I know that they had to swap out the LHD headlights for RHD units. I’ll check what else was required when I collect the vehicle. Not sure what they test emissions against for LHD - but it passed. I will have a chat with my local mot guy in a week or two to see what happens in 3 years time.

You mention 3 years, but what is the original date of first sale on the vehicle? Is there a 1hz still being sold as new by Toyota somewhere!

The vehicle is brand new out of Toyota Japan, imported by Rowlands & Hordon. It is 2023 reg and I am the first owner.

Thanks for that Sam. I haven’t collected the truck yet, when I do I will post some. In the meantime, if you imagine a white Landcruiser 78 in standard trim with the raised air filter……….

Back