Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

New wheels. Sort of.

Nick Shepherd

I bought a set of wheels recently from Andy that were a bit on the well used side with a view to getting them tarted up. I took them into PPS in Inverurie who blast and powder coat all sorts of stuff, including wheels. Went up there today to pick them up and they have done a very nice job of them. I had Tawse Tyres round the corner from PPS swap my tyres on to the wheels and took my other wheels back to PPS to get the same treatment up in readiness for some BFG KM2s later in the summer.

The powder coat is so lavish that the tyre guys had to buff it off the inside so that the wheel would fit properly back on to the hubs at the back, it's a pretty snug fit.

Old wheels (which were a little better than the replacements I bought:

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

New wheels:

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0705-1.jpg

Costs were:

Replacement wheels - £20 each = £100
Blasting and coating - £45 per wheel = £225
Swapping tyres, balancing and new stems - £13 each - £65

So, for £78 a wheel I got some new, matt black, Toyota wheels that look pretty spiffy. I could have bought some cheap steel wheels for the same price but I know these will do the job and are made for the car.

Very nice - amazing how a "new" set of wheels can change the appearance of a truck. :cool:

More than 3% by a considerable margin I'd say. The other set will look dandy too with some KM2's adorning them.

Andy :thumbup:

nice job - got my sliders coated at PPS
and will probably take some subaru alloys there for similar treatment

Back