Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Old musicians / performers

For me I mostly listen to the radio while I'm in range. Otherwise it can be anything really. Often simply what's in the car. It then gets played to death. One album that's stood the test and keeps coming back out is Don Henley, The End Of The Innocence. Which brings me to a great song, that's also a great driving song, and some others too
Don Henley. Boys of summer.
Brian Adams Run to you
Pat Benatar, Love is a battlefield

Oh Rich, you're soooo laid-back :lol: Not that I don't appreciate the above listing :icon-biggrin:

love Brian Adams BTW, we saw him live in Qatar, and I still appreciate Phil Collins, we saw him in concert in Dubai. They both put on a great live show, but PC has retired from live performances I understand.

Radio here is pretty crap and of course too much chat in Romanian for my personal appreciation.

Oh Rich, you're soooo laid-back :lol: Not that I don't appreciate the above listing :icon-biggrin:

love Brian Adams BTW, we saw him live in Qatar, and I still appreciate Phil Collins, we saw him in concert in Dubai. They both put on a great live show, but PC has retired from live performances I understand.

Radio here is pretty crap and of course too much chat in Romanian for my personal appreciation.

Oh, I can rock it too.

Yes 90125 is a good album for driving to.
I sometimes play Tangerine Dream (instrumentals when Lynn's not with me) or Pink Floyd, Tony Joe White, or The Blues Experience (compilation) are pretty good for me too. Or P!nk, who I took Lynn to see at the O2 in 2013. Brilliant performer, brilliant show, now doing country with a guy called Dallas Green.

If it's a night drive coming back from holiday, I sometimes listen to classic FM which makes the journey less stressful.

When I was working at Lec Refrigeration factory in the 80s on maintenance, one of the young mechanical maintenance guys was learning the drums and went to see Phil Collins in a small venue and got to talk to him. He asked if PC knew where he could get a set of Zildjan cymbals second hand as he couldn't afford new. PC asked him for his number and the lad thought nothing more would come of it.

Some weeks later, his Dad picked up the phone and called to his Son 'there's a bloke on the phone says he's Phil Collins, do you want me to tell him to p155 off! He took the call (of course) and was told to come and visit PC at his house in Storrington, come round the back so as not to wake the kids.

The lad had a great evening chatting with PC. At the end he showed him a bag. It had a full set of brand new Zildjan cymbals in. Wow, but can't afford them said the lad. They're yours said PC, I was learning once and I know how hard it is.

We've got a few musicians round here. I worked for Nick Mason's Dad a couple of times. Great guy.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Creepy vid. Hadn't seen it before but so apt as he's a bad guy, probably a hit man who's fallen for a girl and changed his ways.

You see guys, it worked. I'm getting links to stuff I've never heard and some artists I've never heard of. That was the whole idea :thumbup:

I do have a theory, if you've never heard it, give it a try. You never know what you're missing, till you've tried it. :icon-biggrin:

Thanks all, keep 'em comin' :icon-biggrin:

I gotta put this up. Not especially my sort of music, just watch the reaction after a quietly spoken teenager in a baseball cap steps on stage. She's 16 BTW.
http://youtu.be/Q8BB-mufeN4

Last edited:
When I was working at Lec Refrigeration factory in the 80s on maintenance, one of the young mechanical maintenance guys was learning the drums and went to see Phil Collins in a small venue and got to talk to him. He asked if PC knew where he could get a set of Zildjan cymbals second hand as he couldn't afford new. PC asked him for his number and the lad thought nothing more would come of it.

Some weeks later, his Dad picked up the phone and called to his Son 'there's a bloke on the phone says he's Phil Collins, do you want me to tell him to p155 off! He took the call (of course) and was told to come and visit PC at his house in Storrington, come round the back so as not to wake the kids.

The lad had a great evening chatting with PC. At the end he showed him a bag. It had a full set of brand new Zildjan cymbals in. Wow, but can't afford them said the lad. They're yours said PC, I was learning once and I know how hard it is.

We've got a few musicians round here. I worked for Nick Mason's Dad a couple of times. Great guy.

That's a refreshing PC story, you build up your own impressions of "stars" and what they may be like as people. Always imagined him as "real" but you never know.

Some have very bad reports from folks who have worked with them.

I've never got close to a celeb.

An old schoolmate of mine crashed his car many moons ago, too much pop, and went through a hedge into a field. The police were much more relaxed in those days, but insisted he contact the owner of the field to pay for repairs to the hedge/fence.

Turned out to be John Bonham's place.

My music for the most part came and went with the girl i was seeing at the time so it varies a lot . As a kid i had (still have) two uncles that both do pub gigs singing country so i guess that was absorbed without thought . I would love to hear Chris de Burghs The Traveler sung by Johnny Cash but its a little late for that perhaps :lol:

His daughter Debbie plays locally. Haven't seen her yet. Must try.

Here's another for you. Could only find a live version.

I love the way he tells a story.

http://youtu.be/T4Ko3SMSAgY

My music for the most part came and went with the girl i was seeing at the time so it varies a lot . As a kid i had (still have) two uncles that both do pub gigs singing country so i guess that was absorbed without thought . I would love to hear Chris de Burghs The Traveler sung by Johnny Cash but its a little late for that perhaps :lol:

Funny thing is, I met the girl that got me moved out and engaged through country music. I got made redundant and found myself helping a guy in a mower shop who became a friend. He had many operations on his eyes so I 'roadied' for him, setting up his drums as he was in a country band.

Funny thing is, I met the girl that got me moved out and engaged through country music. I got made redundant and found myself helping a guy in a mower shop who became a friend. He had many operations on his eyes so I 'roadied' for him, setting up his drums as he was in a country band.

Strange our Dessie who sings mostly Johnny Cash has been blind about 30 years .

Strange our Dessie who sings mostly Johnny Cash has been blind about 30 years .

This is getting spooky.

Tony wasn't blind. But he was struck twice by lightning, once in the eyes bouncing off a kettle. He had had 9 operations on his eyes for problems that occurred years later including detached retinas and cataracts. He's fine now. [emoji4]

Back