Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Overland tools list - for general & specific tasks

They are so handy. Save a lot of scraped knuckles.

Bought mine coz i was sick of having to remove everything again to recover a dropped nut , bolt or spanner .

Tools list updated at top of thread with comments received

What do these look like?
IMAG0334_zpstp7vgape.jpg

Red handled adjustable pliers - very handy for getting a bit of grip on roundy things.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Don't double up on stuff, it's too much weight.

too many sockets. Maybe take 2 different size handles to get in tight places, then use adapters so you can fit the smaller handle to larger sockets.

likewise, you don't need ring spanners if you already have combination spanners

This is for emergency repairs remember, not a full workshop rebuild!!

You may not be carrying the exact tool you would like, just make sure you have something that will do.

Last edited:
the one in bobs pic looks to be VDE, the others are not, which may or may not be important, depending on the job. for car mechanics, not important.

Last edited:
One thing that could come in handy and doesn't take up much room is an extendable magnetic rod which recovers bolts nuts etc from inaccessible places

One thing that could come in handy and doesn't take up much room is an extendable magnetic rod which recovers bolts nuts etc from inaccessible places

you mean like Shayne suggested in post 32:laughing-rolling:

Vice grips are so useful! :clap:

I've been on a few trips now where some one has damaged a break line off road and we've used vice grips to clamp the hose so theres still pressure in the system, without vice grips they'd have had no brakes. :icon-biggrin:

Without reading all if it - yet - I'd carry a ClampTite or similar and wire. Amazing little gizmo that solves all sorts of issues and doesn't take a lot of space

jydy5e9u.jpg

See here. http://www.clamptitetools.net

My one is a straight one and it has quite a powerful magnetic force good enough to pick 1/2 drive sockets off the floor.

plus err about +3 for a hacksaw. Essential. So glad I packed mine this trip

Back