Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Placed an order for a new Toyota 4x4 today

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
ordered a new auto-Hilux Invincible today - the 12% BASC discount on vehicle and accessories was just too tempting...
meant it cost less than some 1yr old vehicles with 10-20k miles on the clock
hopefully get it in a couple weeks and then the mods will begin - slowly, starting with canopy and split-charge
sus-lift, winch bumper, skid plates etc will be a while in coming

...so another Colorado will be for sale soon

Oooh exciting! :dance:

What colour? double cab? Any optional extras? They come with a rear diff lock don't they? :think:

yep - a double-cab
graphite grey

boring extra's :sleeping-sleep:
= towbar
and this was last grey one in stock in UK for 4 months and has front and rear parking sensors already fitted...

no rear difflock in the invincible spec (only the HL2 and HL3 come with rear difflock),
the invincible spec has traction control - like the ATRAC...:whistle:

I want to develop it as a overland vehicle rather than an extreme greenlaner, although i hope to test it on greenlanes :)

Last edited:
Congrats Andy - have fun! Don't forget the waxoyl or ACF50 or whatever before it goes all salty up there!

You wo't go far wrong with a hilux Andy.
I'm on my 4th hilux now, some of my mates have drifted away to others including the amorak but once they've got a few miles on the clock wish they'd stuck with a hilux.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
ordered it through Edinburgh dealer, home delivery at no extra cost - so a shame won't be popping in for a coffee Gary :icon-cry:
yes will be giving it a coat of Dinitrol

Custom canopy Ben
possibly from here
http://www.njaluminiumlinings.co.uk/overland-samson-canopy-c-279.html

e.g. this is our friends one, the photos taken on our Pyrenees trip in 2011
http://www.njaluminiumlinings.co.uk/toyota-overland-samson-canopy-tent-c-279-p-1-pr-16407.html

will get prices from them and see what drawers cost as they make them too or make my own

Toyota place in Edinburgh told me "seafield coachworks" make custom canopys too, a quick googling shows this is same address as Billy @4x4 Scotland (who gary knows and i have bought stuff off him too)

well done Andy I looked but the fuel consumption against my choice did it for me (40,000 miles a year), I have an Amarok very close to delivery and really looking forward to that as well although mine is a work motor so will do lots of miles on the black stuff and then green laning (within moderation) at weekends

great choice, grey is the best colour!!

can I point you in the direction of the hilux owners club, www.hpoc.co.uk

a very active forum and lots of good tips on the kind of stuff you are thinking of doing.

Rfront34_zps370ca5f0.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys

Yeah i joined hpoc a few weeks ago.i find this forum more active though.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

Always liked Hilux's - pity they don't do an autobox. I miss my Navara, pain though it was!

Always liked Hilux's - pity they don't do an autobox. I miss my Navara, pain though it was!

autobox : - oh yes they do and have done so for at least the last 5yrs :icon-cool:
in 2010 the autobox was updated to a 5-speed (prior to that it was 4-spd)

its only available on the invincible spec
I've ordered an automatic one :icon-biggrin:

Nice job Andy - looking forward to seeing the project materialise :)

And collected it Yesterday from Edinburgh

very pleased with it,
powerful, refined and comfortable
and used it to move some wood around today, tyres were hopeless in 2wd in mud, but fine in 4wd

Attachments

• 1453228_223911314453646_1316663836_n.jpg
    1453228_223911314453646_1316663836_n.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 133
  • 1466155_223901624454615_209558535_n.jpg
    1466155_223901624454615_209558535_n.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 114
Nice my second favourite colour :icon-smile: i was never a fan of chrome grills though but of course thats a personal thing :eusa-shhh: its a Hilux so no question about it i'm sure it will serve you well for a very long time Congrats :thumbup:

Very nice, I bet your grinning from ear to ear every time you get behind the wheel!!! Enjoy.

Very nice Andy, congratulations!

Sent from my GT-I9100P

Well done Andy, I'm sure it will serve you well.

Back