Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

REPLACEMENT ICE IN MY LC3

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Hello all,

I am looking to replace the standard, unmolested head unit in my LC3

However, when I look on 'bay, there are hundreds of different ones, many looking the same size.
The ones I was looking at, was a flat screen, which had a DVD player, for movies, and built in SATNAV, I am sure they are all touch screen now ?

I did read a post, where some one had took out their old standard head unit, and fitted an alternative, but the edges were not rounded, as the standard uit, and actually looked a little 'square edged'
Does any one know the dimensions of the apature, as I believe it isn't double din, but some thing like 'din and a half' ?
Whats din and a half ?

Has any one found a head unit which fits in nice, and looks good without the squareish edges?

Graham

It is double DIN Graham, but double DIN is not the same as stacking two single DIN together. It's like sticking two detached houses together - doesn't make it the same size as a semi. Basically it's the joint that takes up extra space. If there is a double DIN unit out there then it will fit. I tried to squeeze my Blaupunkt head unit and in dash CD changer into the space. Nope. In the end I put in a single Pioneer, pop out 7" screen with DVD, Snat Nag etc. Worked very well. The I filled the space with a little box for sticking notepads and expense receipts etc in.

Fitted nicely with no gaps.

Chris

Back