Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

"Sassy Moose" chapter two.

I remember it taking some time for me to muster the courage to run it flat-out. No room or mercy for mistakes, that's for sure.

110kts is insane. Those offshores are monsters :shock: You're a lucky guy to have experienced them.

On the flat in the bay at the Mumbles, we used to straight line monoski at 60kts :lol: those were the days.

Spurred by your post, I've just been reading up on F1 because I was a fan in the early 80's. OZ class 3.5 lt V8 2 stroke delivering 400 HP at 10,500 rpm on a 6m hull (incl engine) weighing 390 kg. 0-100 kph in under 2secs and 250 kph flat-out.

That's some going, scary.

I'm comfy these days in my 80... :icon-biggrin:

No way in hell I'd waterski @ 60kts..... water gets hard as concrete when you start going fast... Happy in my 80 as well, just need a little bit more pickup and go ;)

:text-threadjacked: ok, enough hijacking my own thread this is not a boat forum.... ;)

Have aired out all the moths, spiders etc from the rtt in the garage I threw it back on the truck last evening. padding myself on the shoulder, having a glass of vine, I figured I'll give it a last airout before packing it down before the weekend trip, stars sparkling in the sky and all that... forgot that I was in UK and weather not to trust... woke up this morning and everything pissing wet..

Note to self, your not in sunny africa any longer!

So, it's back to baby seats on this thread then, is it?

It it will soon pass, my daughter Ana is 7 now, and can legally ride in the back with just the seatbelt.

Baby seats it is!!!! I can do a full review if anyone is interested! post 'how to install' videos and stuff.. lol

Wow, that's a beaut!

Never imagined the 4.2 being used in a boat, but why not?

Like it!!

Had a straight six 2lt Mercury outboard on a slalom ski boat for a time, but....

I think the 1KZTE also got marine-ified as some of the guys are chasing them for mechanical pumps....

Awesome innit? :)

Some versions of the yanmar engine is up to 350hp!

Having come from Volvos, where the Redblock was stroked to 2500cc-ish by Penta as opposed to 2316cc that the car engine was, the swapping of parts between the two is not unusual; people hunt out the stroker rods and cranks to drop into their fast road engines, which end up around that 300hp mark quite quickly once you've finished raiding the parts bin for the 16v head and a turbo...

I think Penta even marine-ise the diesels from Volvo truck for the big stuff now, not so much the smaller (sub 3000cc) as they no longer have the link to Volvo cars that they had pre-2000.

You sound like a proper nutter will be interesting to talk at the out door show.
Stu

I skimmed past this, having started at the end and gone back to where I'd left off the other day post baby seat discussion.... I was then confused as to why someone talking about child seats would be a nutter...

:text-threadjacked: ok, enough hijacking my own thread this is not a boat forum.... ;)

Not heard the acronym for BOAT of Bring Out Another Thousand? I'm sure that applies to 4x4s as well...

Mine runs two Nanni Diesel 115hp which started life as Kubota excavator engines . Cat engines limited to 350 horses (because of nonsense regulations) are generally favoured in commercial fishing .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not heard the acronym for BOAT of Bring Out Another Thousand? I'm sure that applies to 4x4s as well...

Tell me about it :wtf:

I've got twin KAD32's in the boat (fittingly named NEVER AGAIN) which also was used as a 2,4 turbo diesel automotive engine.

Boat = a hole in the water to throw money into .

We're having big issues with our TigerShark, it's a full on fast rib, (read Special Forces) not a putter around the harbour with that engine in it.. cooling issues, turbo lag bla bla...

If you mean it's not going fast enough, just leave Shayne alone with it and a box of spanners and he'll soon have it going like a scalded cat!! [emoji6][emoji6] he's been wanting to get his paws on a 4.2 to have a tinker. [emoji15]

Can never be fast enough mate ;)

Managed to get the rear hatch closed, drawer box just needed a bit of persuasion with a 4x4 wood fence post and a sledge hammer.... :)

All good to go for the overland show!
WP_20150925_001.jpg

No way in hell I'd waterski @ 60kts..... water gets hard as concrete when you start going fast... Happy in my 80 as well, just need a little bit more pickup and go ;)

Brings back memories of waking up pissed from the night before back in the pub at 9am and a Sunday hours lock in until about 4pm then staggered across the road to sleep on the beach until opening time only to discover a mate had bought what was then the fastest jetski on the Island . He said i bounced 6 times before i sank and work the following day was agony :doh:

Hmmm, are you sure you're not Guy Martin without the sideburns Shayne?

I think me and him would have got on well when i was younger Rich finding new and more inventive ways of trying to kill myself was a bit of hobby . I was 9 or 10 years old when i first jumped off this bridge
62-uk-isle-of-man-glen-maye-waterfall.jpg
I was young fit and confident i was indestructible , now i'm old fat and lazy most of the memories scare the hell out of me :cry:

New flares, 1,5" body lift and 37's on :)

image.jpg

Looks nice and clean. Need to get it in the Mud now.

Back