Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Satnav upgrade

Does yours have the reversing camera as standard?
Mine is a late facelift 2002 but doesn't have camera or bluetooth.
I have a Parrot bluetooth system fitted which links to the stereo & works great!
I am in the process of trying to find a map update.

cheers
Chris

I'm also looking for the map update but looks like I will have to invest the full £150.00 from Mr T....

Ok, thanks for all the replies, will go down the parrot route I rekon, so all I need is to find an up to date satnav disc.

Chris

No camera...mines a July 2003...how easy was it to fit the parrot Chris...
Does yours have the reversing camera as standard?
Mine is a late facelift 2002 but doesn't have camera or bluetooth.
I have a Parrot bluetooth system fitted which links to the stereo & works great!
I am in the process of trying to find a map update.

cheers
Chris

It was already fitted I'm afraid, but I've seen them before & they just plug into existing wiring if you get the right one.
Mine does have a seperate speaker which is a bit annoying as people are talking by your feet, but I think that was left from an earlier carphone.
I have been looking at fitting a reversing camera ( as I keep backing into other cars!!) and am toying with getting one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261334180...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_2112wt_1002

and one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Rever...Technology&hash=item3f254040e8#ht_4385wt_1160

but haven't got around to it yet :(

cheers
Chris

No camera...mines a July 2003...how easy was it to fit the parrot Chris...

My Parrot took about an hour to fit, but that was by a fitter at a car radio shop. I've got no idea how long it would have taken me. :oops:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks a nice bit of kit, I`m not that bothered about dvd...as for the camera I would go for the wireless transmitter and receiver, saves running wires from back to from of truck, plenty on ebay, I had one one my 80 series and worked a treat Chris.

Chris
It was already fitted I'm afraid, but I've seen them before & they just plug into existing wiring if you get the right one.
Mine does have a seperate speaker which is a bit annoying as people are talking by your feet, but I think that was left from an earlier carphone.
I have been looking at fitting a reversing camera ( as I keep backing into other cars!!) and am toying with getting one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261334180...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_2112wt_1002

and one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Rever...Technology&hash=item3f254040e8#ht_4385wt_1160

but haven't got around to it yet :(

cheers
Chris

My Parrot took about an hour to fit, but that was by a fitter at a car radio shop. I've got no idea how long it would have taken me. :oops:

I've got a parrot, I've got a parrot, I've got a parrot. Squaaaawk. I've got a parrot, who's a pretty boy then?

Works really well, with voice actuation and full access to the iPhone and Blackberry contacts lists, but only one phone at a time, which is a bit of a shame.

I've just bought another all bells and whistles stereo unit for the 80 so my Parrot will be redundant soon. Pieces of eight! Pieces of eight!

I've just bought another all bells and whistles stereo unit for the 80 so my Parrot will be redundant soon. Pieces of eight! Pieces of eight!

might be interested in that Chas. I'm looking for one to butcher due to the fact that my stereo setup is not exactly normal.

Now I am thinking of upgrading my satnav unit for a gen 3 model so I can have postcode navigation, does anyone no if the unit is just plug and play from any later Toyota model

2003 Toyota Land Cruiser Radio

Hi Chris
I have a Sahara and when asked about upgrading the original unit was told only the map data could be upgraded and this would not upgrade map graphics or anything else. I replaced the whole unit with a Pioneer unit, this way I was able to get satnav, Bluetooth, iPod connection and reversing camera all in one unit.

Hi. What year is your Land cruiser? I'm looking to upgrade my navigation but my has the climate control in it

Attachments

• $_3.jpg
    $_3.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 194
That's the same as mine, so how did you upgrade to a pioneer as mine too has the climate control set up....

If I'm not mistaken the Sahara has a slightly different setup, more akin to the older cars where the aircon is still a separate unit underneath (albeit digital in this case).

57468911452d9803f7e24e325804896_640_480-c.jpg

Bluetooth Parrot vs competitor?

Hello all,
I'm new to the forum but happy to have found it! I am hailing from Virginia Beach, Virginia in the US&A where the beer flows like wine and the women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano...

I'm the original owner of a 100 Series (2003) with the factory touchscreen Navigation option. Unfortunately, this truck is now mostly driven by the wife :(. I'm hoping to upgrade with a hands-free phone adapter. I've seen many here mention the Parrot adapters, and I've researched them a bit. Anyone have any specific model numbers that have been proven to work with the 2003 w/nav? Good vendor to buy it from? (My radio/climate control console looks identical to the photo posted by "Mancho109" in this thread.) I'm absolutely not an expert mechanic, but I intend to install this myself, so any help along those lines would be appreciated as well.

I also see another product called the Neo Beeline - BTY22V8, but it mentions this is NOT compatible with JBL stereos. My factory head unit is indeed manufactuered by JBL. Anyone know if they offer a compatible version, and how does it compare to the Parrot product? Any other brands worth looking at? Wife and I both tend to always have iPhones these days, if that makes a difference.

Final question: My steering wheel has two unused buttons on the right side (just above the nav voice activation button). I have reached the end of the internet and have not found any info about how to upgrade these into having functionality. I was hoping to use these buttons somehow in conjunction with the blue tooth-connected phone. Has anyone opened these up and messed with them?

Apologies up front if any of my rantings have strayed beyond the context of this thread. Thanks!
2003 Land Cruiser (w/nav) 125,000 miles
1996 4-Runner LTD 130,000 miles
2001 BMW 530i 77,000 miles

Satnav.

Hi, I am new in this forum, I bought a LC 100 Td 2003, and the touch screen says that there is no data. Do I need a DVD to make this work?

Yes there should be a nav DVD in the unit under the driver seat.

cheers
Chris

Back