Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Spanish road travel update.

So what's the craic with international driving licences then ? all I know is they exist but the 3 that I've seen all belonged to Americans ?

So what's the craic with international driving licences then ? all I know is they exist but the 3 that I've seen all belonged to Americans ?

LOL, probably the same crack as 'The World Series' of rounders :laughing-rolling:

As far as i know a loose dog & shopping in the passenger compartment have always been a ticket.Also carrying ANY amount of fuel is illegal althought a blind eye is turned if its in a holmoglagated container - a pity IMO as those yellow Sika 20 L containers that have frost proofing for mortar NEVER leaked.When the cops tightened up a few years ago i went down to the hardware place to buy 20 5 & 10L containers for work & they all leaked!
Among other thing to be on top of are having a vis jacket in the car & not only spare bulbs but any tools needed to change them.

The AA in South Africa issue them for a small fee - which would allow me to use my SA license in places where it is not automatically recognised (as it is in the UK). So for eg I'd have an International license with optional countries listed such as Vietnam or Brazil, etc.

you get them from the post office in the UK. I had one for driving in Africa and Russia, as it was recommended, but never got asked for it!! I think if you have a photocard licence your generally ok these days

you get them from the post office in the UK. I had one for driving in Africa and Russia, as it was recommended, but never got asked for it!! I think if you have a photocard licence your generally ok these days

Yep, I had them from the PO when I was to-ing and fro-ing more than I do now.

They're only issued for 1 year and Romanian police look at them as if they've never seen them before. Saves the police grab of a license at the roadside though. Here, once a license is in a policeman's pocket, it's the devil's only job to get it back sometimes.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Useful information
I'm traveling twice a year to Murcia to visit customer and knew nothing about these regulations and fines
Usually I fly to Madrid and drive to Murcia but never had a meeting with the police
March 8-10 I will visit again - hope to see no police whatsoever

Arnon

TLC 100 IL

Back