Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

UK Media on the 250

Are you sure? 53k EUR is what they are selling the old stock 150 "Life" (a 3dr commercial with windows and seats) for in France. Seem to be plenty of old stock 150s left for sale in France too.

In the US the $57K is (I think) before sales tax and other random pennies they always seem to apply whenever you think you have the exact change to buy anything in America.
Yeah
Guess we will see when it lands. The general message though is that the 250 is an overall lower luxury spec compared to the 150. Toyota seem to be positioning it at the top end of the 4 runner rather than the tundra on the US and have the Lexus G series take on the defender, range rover category.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
About 25% up on the 150? Might get an “Active” for about £60k? Assuming there will be a poverty spec at some point.

About 25% up on the 150? Might get an “Active” for about £60k? Assuming there will be a poverty spec at some point.
UK pricing starts from £74.5k ... First edition, already sold out, is £81k

The hybrid is going to be £96k

What is Toyota smoking... OTOH, I guess people seem willing to pay these sort of pricing, so why not.

Might need to import one from Japan in a few years

Yes, £75k for an Invincible. The 150 invincible was a smidge over £60k I think? Granted right now there is no lower spec, and I’m only guessing one will come along. Seems priced pretty close (maybe slightly above) an equivalent Defender for same sort of spec.

Pricing wise, have all makers obviously continuing to produce ICE vehicles already priced in the supposed £15k fine for making and selling the wrong method of propulsion.
If the first edition is sold out already it shows people are prepared to pay.

By the way, who gets the £15k 'fine' the vehicle maker is proposed to pay for daring to make and sell the wrong vehicle?

Is it another fine money spinning exercise like some of the British Standards exercises, back in the 90's if i recall, where i worked we went through that and what a complete loads of cobblers, nice little earner though for whoever dreamed it up, once your large customer complied you had no option but to jump aboard, protection racketeers wished they'd thought of it.

If i was going to bung ten's of thousands at a new vehicle in the hope to protect myself from all the gratuitous fake virtuous nonsense I'd be looking for a vehicle that's at least 40 years old .

I believe you can drive a 6.2l V8 diesel around in London's Ulez no worries at all so long as its a classic car .

Not sure why that reminds me of the Shiek's son who told his father that it was embarrassing to arrive at a posh London school in a chauffeur driven Rolls Royce when all his friends came by train .

So dad bought him a train .

Back