Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

UJ question (hopefully very simple)

chadr

Garage
Country Flag
england
As you know there are 5 UJs - 2 at the front prop and 3 at the rear. Are they all the same?

I've sourced 2 (from Roughtrax) for the rear before I realised there were actually 3! :)doh:) and now think it might be better to replace all 5 in one go...........

Appreciate your thoughts and comments. Thanks, as always.

No, they are not the same. The one at the diff end of the rear prop is different to the two at the gearbox end. Can't speak for the front but something tells me the diff end is the same as the rear diff end.

I think one of the props ( id have to look underneath to check) has a double cardon joint on it.

Ive looked at Roughtrax, milners and toyodiy

but cant find any info on the double joint. maybe a call to Simon may clear things up, if the double joint is only available through toyota i would be sitting down when asking.

Like Joe, I found it very hard to get info on the double joint. Generally it's the one at the diff end that goes though, and they're cheap as chips. Did my rear one in September.

Thanks for the responses fellas, yes, I also looked on Toyodiy and that only made me more confused - hence the question!!!

I'll have a chat with Simon tomorrow.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Keep us posted, it would be nice to know if its available and how much.

i changed my UJ's on the front prop but found i still had play so had to change the yolk
http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=1021&vid=1680

and that sorted my play out so worth checking. i was also lucky to get cheap genuine UJ's back in the day Ian was sourcing them.

Just confirmed with Simon - all 5 UJs (part numbers) are the same.

However.......wait for it........they are just over £100 EACH even with the Club discount.

So I'm assuming I could source another 3 from Roughtrax (~£16 each) to add to the 2 I already have and make my set of 5. I'll try and replace them when the weather gets a bit better.

Surprised at that, the ones on the gearbox end of mine have circlips at the cap, where the one at diff end has circlips at the shoulder - below the cap. Surely they're not intercangeable? Or I'm mistaken.... Could happen!!

Just confirmed with Simon - all 5 UJs (part numbers) are the same.

However.......wait for it........they are just over £100 EACH even with the Club discount.

So I'm assuming I could source another 3 from Roughtrax (~£16 each) to add to the 2 I already have and make my set of 5. I'll try and replace them when the weather gets a bit better.

Hi, did you ever get to the bottom of whether the two UJs in the double cardan joint were inter-changeable with the other single UJs?

I also need to change mine and obviously want to get the right parts (ideally not from Toyota dealers) before drifting the old ones out. Be interested to hear your results.

Thanks.

hey guys, did anyone find out the answer to Knicko's question above?

could do with finding out myself now!

apologies for raising an old thread.

The Part No for the front prop UJs is:

04371G (04371-35060)

And for the rear of the rear:

04371H (04371-35060)

So they are the same.

Part number(s) for the double UJ on the rear shaft are not quoted :icon-rolleyes:. I don't think they are interchangeable with the other three UJs.

Bob.

Last edited:
Back