Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Have broke aluminium pto winch

Saulens4x4

Country Flag
lithuania
Hello, have broke my hdj80 aluminum winch, can anybody help to find case?
20150520_081526.jpg

Can only see half of the piece broken off but i can't imagine its a load bearing leg ? if not just stick it back on with liquid metal .

Very often if prepared properly the weld is the strongest point. But cast Ali is not easy. It depends on the quality of the metal used.
Stu

I guess it is a load bearing leg then . I personally wouldn't trust a weld as it was explained to me a long time ago that alloy casings can be of infinite variations of metal ingredient and the welding wire to match doesn't exist . Besides if it broke while winching where else has the same fatigue , unless it was impact damage that broke it ?

Not sure if its the same winch or not but does this help http://www.sor.com/cat071.sor

Last edited:
I guess it is a load bearing leg then . I personally wouldn't trust a weld as it was explained to me a long time ago that alloy casings can be of infinite variations of metal ingredient and the welding wire to match doesn't exist . Besides if it broke while winching where else has the same fatigue , unless it was impact damage that broke it ?

Not sure if its the same winch or not but does this help http://www.sor.com/cat071.sor

yes it broke while winching, i have inquired amayama for original spare case, and they offered 280USD with shipping, is it reasonable price? Is it worth to repair that winch?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I don't know much about them but if you compare it to the alternative of buying an electric winch and then sorting out how to mount it i think Amayama's price will probably look very reasonable indeed .

I broke mine winching, the wire rope jumped the drum and literally crushed the drum drivegear casing. I think the decision to keep & repair or to go electric, will depend on how much you liked using it. Electric had so many options, remit op, remote freespool etc. it won't be an easy decision.

Last edited:
can it not be replaced with a fabricated steel part. Chris likes to do things like that in his spare time,,,

Back