Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Paint shop in the SE England area

GeekOKent

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a paint shop in the South East who might be able to finish a bumper for me ? I've managed to get something to tide me over, but its the wrong colour.

- KB

Know a good guy in Bromley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Place called Spraytech, fixed the rust in the tailgate under the window and also done some touch up stuff, cheers Craig
http://www.a1spraytech.co.uk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Quality, haven't dealt with many paint shops to compare price, but did do quality work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would pay the price if i could find the quality but not much chance of that around here , Helen decided to pay a pro paint shop to touch up her perfectly good car before she sold it , they couldn't find much to touch up and so asked for £150 cash . The result was so good she reduced the sale price by £1000 .

Paint shops rely heavily on insurance work and insurers have been playing one off against the other for years now. The result is a just acceptable job if you aren't too fussy. Most people with their daily driver havn't got time to look hard and start complaining. Employees have been working to such low standards for so long they do not have the skills to do things properly even if you pay directly. I used to do a lot of paintwork but now with modern paints you need dust free environment, polishing machines etc etc.

I would expect to pay £300 to paint a bonnet properly. For a start all the old paint needs to come off down to the metal as you have no idea as to the quality or condition of the materials beneath. An original Toyota panel could probably just be flatted and painted but that is still a risk.

I have been able to source a new bumper from france for £175. Its the real deal Toyota original with the mounting bits and plastic plugs etc but its all unfinished black.

Have had quotes in the region of £400 to get it primed, painted, finished to colour match the body. Only a couple of the paintshops even bothered to quote. Most seem to prefer larger insurance jobs.

Toyota UK seem to charge £280 for the bumper and £150 to colour match and and get it on!

Wondering how this even makes sense - unless toyota has stock for body coloured bumpers in every colour they sold a 120 LC5 in.

MrT only sells my bonnet in a primed coat and wants approx 700 for it .

Back