Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Gear not shifting to 4th

Country Flag
qatar
Hai guys I just bought an LC 100 2006 4 speed petrol model 2 weeks ago with 4,63,000 Km on it . The gear shifts are delayed and it won't shift to 4th gear. The previous owner told me the gear oil was changed recently. Could anybody help me to know what the problem is?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hai guys I just bought an LC 100 2006 4 speed petrol model 2 weeks ago with 4,63,000 Km on it . The gear shifts are delayed and it won't shift to 4th gear. The previous owner told me the gear oil was changed recently. Could anybody help me to know what the problem is?

Thank you.
A 4-speed automatic, manufactured in 2006 ??? What gearbox does it have?
First thing to do is to check the ATF level, at normal operating temperature and engine running.

That's the image of my odo if it helps. Will check the ATF and revert back to you.

Thank you.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-12 at 5.31.52 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-12 at 5.31.52 PM.jpeg
    73.2 KB · Views: 25
Sorry it was indeed a 5 speed. Did all the checks but the gear won't shift to 4th and 5th. The 2nd and 3rd gear also engages at higher rpm's.
There is also a bang when it's shifted from drive to reverse. The gear oil level is okay but its time to change it.

Sorry it was indeed a 5 speed. Did all the checks but the gear won't shift to 4th and 5th. The 2nd and 3rd gear also engages at higher rpm's.
There is also a bang when it's shifted from drive to reverse. The gear oil level is okay but it’s time to change it.

you need to check the wire connections going into the gear box, it’s common for the pins to corrode, I managed to change one end of the wire plug that comes out of the gear box, the other end that goes to the engine management system was also corroded but I didn’t have time to swap it and m all the wires watertight, instead I decided to do it later, but this was 3 years ago and all has been fine so far. so I stI’ll have it in stock for another day.

Attachments

• 20201015_145157.jpeg
    20201015_145157.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3789.jpeg
    IMG_3789.jpeg
    408.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3784.jpeg
    IMG_3784.jpeg
    346 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: uHu
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It could also due to be sticking valve body. You can try to follow the diagnostic procedure from Toyota GSIC website for your transmission model

Back