Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

The Light…

Aeroelastic

Country Flag
uk
Not sure if anyone aware, pretty intense Northern light tonight.
Taken at Lakes District.

Attachments

• 3DE4D78E-39B6-4C3E-A85A-42978FB49831.jpeg
    3DE4D78E-39B6-4C3E-A85A-42978FB49831.jpeg
    91 KB · Views: 12
  • 1A75F721-CDF1-4DF4-8CE9-F100CDCAF5D4.jpeg
    1A75F721-CDF1-4DF4-8CE9-F100CDCAF5D4.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 802A3564-B538-40EA-85FF-16E9332CE9B5.jpeg
    802A3564-B538-40EA-85FF-16E9332CE9B5.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 12
I was in the garage re-wiring a 1958 Morris 1000 (for a neighbour) - missed it as well !

Bob.

I was in the garage re-wiring a 1958 Morris 1000 (for a neighbour) - missed it as well !

Bob.
Very apt you were doing it in the dark....mostly Lucas " the prince of darkness" kit on vehicles of that era ;-)

The source of darkness !

DSCN0614.JPG

DSCN0615.JPG

My neighbour is a retired Assistant Chief Constable from Lothian & Borders Police (now incorporated into "Police Scotland" a single force run by the old Strathclyde Force). The L&B headquaretrs in Edinburgh will be 50 years old in May and there is to be an exhibition showing L&B through the ages. My neighbour undertook to make a replica of the first L&B Panda Car and acquired a 1958 four-door Morris 1000 saloon.

The car had been owned by an ex-shipyard welder who had made a lovely job of re-furbing the underside of the body. This thing is solid but the engine was knackered. My neighbour bought it and took it to a friend who runs a Garage business, the engine was re-built. The car then went to another friend who arranged the re-spray and signage (done in wrap).

All these professionals working on it but no-one looked at the 1958 wiring !

The car was ready and a Journalist + Photographer arrived to photograph it and produce an article about the forthcoming exhibition. Neighbour drove it 200 yards down the road to a quiet spot when smoke started rising from the boot. Pictures (sans smoke) were taken and it was towed back to his garage . . . . Then to mine where an Amateur will do the necessary with a new loom from "The Morris Minor Centre".

The article, should anyone be interested, is here:

In the meantime, the sorry thing should be finished today (subject to testing, with a small fuse in the live circuit !).

DSCN0617.JPG

DSCN0619.JPG

DSCN0623.JPG

So there we are, I'm not sure we can blame the 'Prince of Darkness' for this one !

Bob.

And to this day the old Morris is all they need 99% of the time , a 150 grand super car has zero chance of catching a teen joyrider in a housing estate but the lad ain't getting away from 10 ford fiesta's .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
And to this day the old Morris is all they need 99% of the time , a 150 grand super car has zero chance of catching a teen joyrider in a housing estate but the lad ain't getting away from 10 ford fiesta's .
The bigger issue is they don't have 10 drivers for the 10 fiesta's .... they struggle with a crew of 2 for the 150K super car.....
It's no longer a "thin blue line".... it's now a thin blue dotted line ...
It all went wrong when it changed to a Police service from the Police force..... the pro terrorist protests in London that the Met allow to happen and the fact that they can't guarantee the safety of Israeli or Jewish people walking the streets shows how bad it's got..... not to mention organised crime running rings round the Police .

My elder daughter is a Police Traffic Oficer - she is driving solo in the big BMWs & Volvos a lot of the time !
Bob.

Who says no to a posher work vehicle when someone else is paying for it , even if its only for doing 5mph less than the speed limit all day every day .

The car that moves faster than radio waves hasn't yet been invented .

Quick and vague math suggests UK police budget to be about 370k per head of population . Astonished me a while back to realize a while back that the Isle of Man which is 27 miles long , has one police station and one shoplifter , has a budget of about 100k per head of population for policing .

Its much like the NHS I reckon , all doing their best despite messed up management from on high .

Back