Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 non starter

SteveJB

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
As title suggests broke down last bank holiday recovery bloke reckons its starter solenoid so recovered back home removed starter tested and found
solenoid not working got rebuild kit from Roughtrax rebuilt solenoid tested before refitting and ok fitted it and click no start removed it checked me work all good went round and removed all the fuses for visual check all good checked the relays all good refitted the starter and click no start called the mechanic he checked the wiring connectors all good removed starter took it away and bench tested all good so refitted the starter and yes click no start patience is wearing very thin by now so send away for new starter wrong bloody starter so that got sent back ordered another one should be here tomorrow So if anyone got an idea of whats wrong or what I have missed or done wrong I would welcome any advice but please bear in mind that I can't combine travel with swear words as the trucks not working ta steve
Oh and went through the click no start thread to no avail

Try the spare key in ignition .

Sounds daft but i'd never have known her key was bent , i only used the spare while fixing the fob part .

Last edited:
Worth a try , electrics aren't my thing but i once went to polish up battery terminals because of starter issues and a visibly good and original connector just fell apart :wtf:

Like the starter they been on and off many a time and if a brick through the windscreen would guarantee the bloody thing would start id do it

Put a live feed down to the starter for starters. see if it clicks in. could be a break from ignition

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The starter is off waiting for new one tomorrow from Roughtrax has been bench tested works as it should and mechanic checked the wiring connectors and found that all good I've scratched me head so much got a rash on me arse now need a bigger brick

check your earth leads steve.

Check earth leads and starter relay

Hospital appointment today will recheck later

OMG take your jump leads with you if your going to Noble's !

Shayne not particularly high functioning at the moment so if that's a play on words haha brain is empty head hurts shoulders hurt like hell pumping starter motors patience worn ciggy paper thin so cup of tea and roll up think about lan dro fer owners who are much worse off than me then all will be OK or I'm going to push it off beachy head sometime next year as it so bloody heavy and will take that long to get there one leg push at a time

Sad to say its more a sign of my contempt for the place , but then i am the reason they now have to put you on a plane to a real hospital on request .

LEGENDRY STUPIDITY ON MY PART
Went camping last bank holiday and forgot the battery for the fridge freezer so disconnected truck batteries and connected fridge to one battery mmmmm went and reconnected the terminals ready to come back home and click no start called the recovery bloke and transported back home got a solenoid rebuild kit from Roughtrax click no start and the rest has already been written
SO new starter click no start rang mechanic he suggested a break in the positive lead so checked it and guess what when at the camping site the starter supply lead had dropped down between the battery tray and lodged itself well out the way
A 252 quid new starter is now fitted and so is the starter lead
Rude comments greatly appreciated

Don't feel too bad - I'm sure we've all been there at some point.

At least you found the problem before you launched the truck off Beachy Head! ;)

All's well that ends well - and all that! :thumbup:

Forgot to say a very big THANK YOU for your suggestions

Back