Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 series double cab Ute conversion.

TomReynolds

Country Flag
uk
Hi Guys

so I want to convert my 100series into a double cab Ute.
Has anyone in the Uk done this?
Thanks
Tom
1AC7A048-C36B-472E-B753-39DAF52FDF02.jpeg
8F03B2FF-B59E-449C-A4CC-1D2BD400EAE4.jpeg
0E5E799B-79E5-4BDA-B837-E5EA76C18B3B.jpeg

Both of those examples you show have had a chassis extension. Pretty common in Australia but not here. I suspect you’ll struggle to find anyone who’ll do it at a price worth paying. Sorry I can’t be more help!

Chassis extension doesn’t phase me one bit.
I come from an engineering background.

I wonder if the guys in Aus have any plans to work with?

What plans can there be ?

Chop the body behind engine mounts , close the hole , and all tray i've ever seen just bolt to the chassis/frame with u-bolts .

Why extend the chassis you couldn't put enough weight on the tray overhang to bend it anyway .

3 of us did this recently swapping an Aluminium tray back for a longer one , no jacks or anything just two planks between box and frame to help us slide one off and the other on .

Half hour job and I left them to bolt it all up again offering they might want to give some thought to moving the tail lights back a bit which would mean a light subframe .

Last edited:
Have a look at West Coast Off Road they have done something similar to a 100 series but reckon that the job would cost you unless you want to go with doing it for yourself

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's my wings and bonnet that are suffering from tin worm. I wonder if they do a 'trayfront'.

"I wonder if the guys in Aus have any plans to work with?"

If you look at the videos they often combine it with a GVM upgrade ....
The videos I've seen involve lots of spreader plates , plug welds , and some very neat laser cut profiles....and end up with a job that looks factory and no doubt is the result of 100000's of Ks testing and development .

Any thing is possible if you have the kit and space to do it properly....you seem to have the know how..... post pics as you go.

There is a very neat 6x4 80 series I know of with a tipper body that was done years ago and still looks good and this chap is very talented but it was a farm workshop job so crack on and get the angle grinder out ;-)

Must add my voice to the others though .... yours looks too nice to chop up

Watching the chopped spares box 80 on 4wd 24/7 can't help thinking they have not got it quite right somehow. It doesn't seem as capable as it was full bodied. My mates (now sold) 80 single cab bobtailed truck couldn't go where my 80 did. Same lift same tyres all lockers working etc.

Must admit thinking i hope his mrs is 7ft tall or he will starve anyway :lol:

They're a well balanced truck in standard form, so I guess modifications that change that weight balance make them less capable.

I'd agree with you john. My truck would climb hills and ruts that his lost traction on and failed regularly.

Back