Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 series Front Light upgrade

Joseph H

Country Flag
great_britain
I am new to this forum having only purchased my first Land Cruiser yesterday.

I have a 54 plate 100 series LC with the front headlights and indicators split into 2 separate parts.
I have noticed on slightly newer LC's they have changed and are one complete unit. Does anybody on here know if the later type would fit straight onto my LC without too much trouble.
Someone must have tried it before!

If your's is a '54, then it must be a facelift and you're referring to the 200 series as the "newer" model, as I don't think the lights changed on the 100?

If so, I doubt that 200 series lights will fit a 100 series.

If your's is a '54, then it must be a facelift and you're referring to the 200 series as the "newer" model, as I don't think the lights changed on the 100?

Thanks for the quick response, One of my headlights has a stone chip in it, I have rang Millner offroad and they do not stock my headlight, it is approx £160 from Mr T. However Milner do stock a headlight for a May 05 onwards 100 series LC and these are £80 each, hence I thought I may aswell put these on if they will fit.

Looks like there is a headlamp like the OP is referring to from may 2005, like this one:
IMG_2414.JPG

More info here: http://tlcfaq.com/main/2012/05/face-lift-your-land-cruiser-100-series/

Thanks that's just what I was looking for, obviously not a straight swap but it looks possible.
Do you know that it's not a straight swap?

I woudn't mind doing that swap myself, when the time comes.
Keep us posted.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi there.... I know it has been a long time since I was online, but my "Grey Eminence" is still running -and I did the conversion 2001 headlights to 2006 integrated headlights!

It is not a direct swap, but not to difficult. You need the 2 headlights, Grill, 2 slim panels under the headlight -and a frame underneath to attach it all. This frame is the tricky part, since there is not enough space and you need to cut out the middle section! Thats in words how it is done :)

Greetings to you all....hope you are all well and happy :)

Lars

Last edited:
hi there.... It is not a direct swap, but not to difficult. You need the 2 headlights, grill, 2 slim panels under the headlight -and a frame underneath to attach it all. This frame is the tricky part, since there is not enough space and you need to cut out the middle section! Thats in words how it is done :)
lars
ttiuwop
(Why isn't there an icon for that?)

Last edited:
Thank you for your replies, I am still considering whether to do it or not, its the cutting etc described that I am slightly uneasy with, I would still be interested to hear from anyone else that has done it.

Here are some photos of the goods arriving -and the finished product :)
LC100 front mini beskåret.jpg
DSC_0065.JPG
You see the panel was already bent from the supplier (right this moment I have forgotten whether you use the midlle section or the sides???)

Not quite sure what the worry is about? You are not cutting anything but that small frame you are replacing/installing! It is certainly a stylish improvement....almost like getting a new car ;-)

Frode! ..I am not quite sure about your response? ttiuwop??

Greetings ...:)
'

TTIUWOP This Thread Is Useless Without Pictures
You corrected that problem, a bit. I s'pose u dont ave any install pics?

Okay, but I did the swap long before I joined here -and I took only a few pics of the goods on arrival :-(

I will take some pics when I start taking TGE apart this winter, maybe that will help ;-) ....but it is not a difficult job (since I could do it!!)

Rainforest Alliance??? - sounds interesting.
Is there something you would like to confess?

Confess???...oh man, not on this forum !!! :)

The car is in that Imperial Jade Green -and I work with rainforests, so the name just slipped through my fingers.... It seems the colour is quite rare on 2006 models, since they stopped using the colour in 2005 ....maybe a hybrid model in the twilight zone?

Well, to be honest it is quite often I am challenged with the fact that I work with conservation of nature -and drive these fuel consuming monsters...but so be it...not up for a change in life style!

Congrats Joseph. I have had 100 too for a while, i bought mine a 1998 model in 2003 and have always loved it. Keeps going right.

Back