Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 Series Rear Diff Lock… compatible with 78?

Gr8Yota

Country Flag
scotland
So I’m looking to fit a rear locker to my GRJ78 (only the VDJ gets them from the factory). From what I can see the rear diff is the same as the 100 series. Is anyone able to confirm this and does anyone know where I might get a locker out of a Hundie?

Give Chapelgate a message he might have something Karl Webster or Gary 80s breaker

No idea if the 100 will work for your truck, but I can tell you that on a 100, the diff opening on the rear axle casing is different between the locking and non locking versions. A non locking can be converted but you have to grind a chunk out of the axle housing and change some of the studs for longer ones. You'll also need a uk drivers side drive shaft from a locking model for the longer splines at the diff end that the locking gear slides along. Might be better to fit a Harrop e-locker.

The 80 series centre does fit and the longer spline is so relevant because thats what allows the locker to operate. On my GRJ 78 axle which has the extra opening and the long spline driverside shaft. Have trial fitted but not tested this for the rear axle swap on my 45 project. 80 axle that's on it is 120mm wider than the 78 (modern rear axle) is.

With the centre it's always different from a semi floating compared to a full floating axle style, which is the difference between an 80 to a 100 (down graded to semi floating) like uk 60 series semi floating only and Europe 60/61 has fully floating and semi.. uk 100 went backwards going back to semi floating??WHY??

A bit of info..

Back