Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

100 series Transmission issue

Reece

Country Flag
australia
Hello everyone, I am new to this club.
My 100 series (2004 Kakadu, auto, 400K milage) has had an issue. Starts easily but when I shift gear to D or R nothing happens. Car does not move at all. High and Low gears are stuck as well. Currently on high gear.
I had to tow my car to mechanic and mechanic says it is to do with gearbox and there was metal on pan (not sure what that is). I got quote for around $8000-$11000. Is this for real? I do trust my mechanic as I have had car serviced every 6 months since I bought it but just wanted your opinion as well. Thank you in advance.

What's the quote for? Have the done any assessment as to what's wrong.

Hi Reece if they are quoting on a full rebuild then that could be right, hi and low range shifter being stuck is common on these and 80's if they are not used or moved on a regular basis, the shifter seizes on the pivot shaft and it is a prick of a thing to get to have had a few customers with that problem, if you have been trying to move the shifter from hi to low and got stuck there is a neutral possy between hi and low you may be stuck there ?? but thats in the transfer case and not the trans, if you get that stuck in the neutral spot you will have no drive or reverse gears but your mechanic should pick that up

Last edited:
Back