Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

105 FSM

Probably not the right place to discuss this Rob - but here goes anyway.
The rear wiper does not work at all until either one of the rear doors or the tailgate
are opened - then it all works fine (even the delayed wipe) but as soon as the door is closed
the wiper loses its 12v feed and stops after self parking - it's looking more and more like
an Instrumentation ECU fault dammit !!!

I spoke to my son who is an auto electrician, he says there has to be a short in the tail gate for this to happen. He says the back panel off, look for the cable and then fully tape it up and then see what happens. The other thing is this, if you have a water outlet for the wiper, then unplug for a while and see what happens.

Mike, I have been a diagnostic electronics tech for more than 40 years -- believe me, it goes way beyond broken wires/shorts/water ingress in the back door - have a look at my new thread "105 BACK WIPER- HAUNTED" you will see that has all been covered and the fault is at the other end of the vehicle. I will get to the instrument ECU when I can and all will be revealed but just a bit time poor at the moment with wheel carrier, roof racks and drawer system cluttering the floor -- I will post more later on the "haunted" thread. Regards Greg

PS I have found a workaround -- I just stop the car and open either rear passenger door and the wiper works fine, intermittent mode and all - but I am getting tired of standing in the rain till the rear window is cleared waiting to close the door !!!!!!!!!!!

Have you ever thought the vehicle maybe backed over somebody and its just plain haunted.

Maybe it ate a Nissan and forgot to purge !!
Mike I took this wiper subject to another thread
check 105 rear wiper - haunted
Regards Greg

Back