Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

120 rear lights

Im still having problems, I have the Tail lights working now, but I cant seem to get the indicators working, The wires are spliced and connected properly, they light other bulbs when connected, the Bulbs I have work when swapped with the other indicator bulbs, so It must be the new holders. Anyone know a way I can check them for definite?

You know they only supposed to flash and that is not an intermittent fault? :mrgreen:

Sorry, could not help myself. No idea on which wires to check though :(

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :clap:
Made me smile!
Haha! Its not a wires problem as far as I can tell, I reckon its the new bulb holders Mr T gave me, but the new ones are definitely different from the old ones I took out. But I dont know what to do next!

I remember I had to buy 2 new lamp holders, but I am sure, they were for the 'stop & tail' lamp.
Or they may have been for the indicators, I can't remember.

Graham

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Hi graham, yes it was the indicator ones you bought, you sent me the part numbers. And i bought them. But they dont seem to be working for me, i have power supply to the wires, the new ones. But my indicator wont work. So i reckon it has to be the holders as the bulb definitley works too.

Hi,
I a, not in UK just now, so I can't really pull the plastics off and photo the rear of the lightds for you.

I took a indicator supply wire from the trailer socket ( in the area of the nearside pillar light cluster) to the new lamp holder for indicator.
Then again for off side indicator lamp holder.

Have you put a 'ground' wire link in, from the new indicator holder to the existing stop and tail holder?

Graham

photo2.jpg

Box on the Top says, I connected the turn signal here.
Box on the bottom says I believe that this is the earth and that this is connected allready.

I just ran another wire to the Tail lights as these were allready earthed from the stop lights.

"Have you put a 'ground' wire link in, from the new indicator holder to the existing stop and tail holder?"
Should I add another wire from the indicator holder to the Stop holder?
I have the tail lights working, just not the Indicator ones.

Thanks for your help.

I am thinking from memory now, its so long ago.
See the vertical text box at the top, which says' I connected turn signal here'
Well, if I remember right, that grey / metalic looking thing, directly underneath, is the connection for the turn indicator.
I think I lifted that metalic contact, and slipped a bare wire end under there, from the trailer connection socket.
So when I let go of the metalic connection, it pulled the connection tight to the end of the bare copper wire,

I think so,,,,

Graham

Back