Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

120 series steering wheel in a 90?

TALAMAN

Country Flag
cyprus
Hi folks!
My 90 series steering wheel is tatty and I would love to control my aftermarket stereo volume from the steering wheel. I just ordered one of those cheap blue-tooth remotes from eBay but now wonder if a 120 series steering wheel could fit thus solving two problems in one hit!........Or should I know better? :blush::blush:

Basic nature of things you could remove the steering wheel and steer with a set of mole grips but i fear abs and airbags would make things far more complicated than its worth .

Someone a while ago entertained the idea of replacing a standard 120 steering wheel with a later 120 with all the controls on it, and considered it wasn't worth it for what was involved, and that was on same series.
From one series to another could pose more less serious problems than Shayne has already mentioned.
Compatibility/wiring etc, and have you actually looked at the cost alone of a second hand steering wheel with the controls you mention ?

8D2437DD-78FC-4FEC-AB9B-4BF2D68A312B.jpeg

Stuck a 15 quid Amazon sourced leather cover on mine. Feels lovely now, was breaking up at the top badly and horrible to hold.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks all for your replies. Tractionman, I know exactly where such a wheel is residing! What I have no idea about is the work involved and I fully accept it may well be too much trouble.
Shayne, firstly, thanks for your time and secondly hats off to you for your thought process!

Plenty to consider.

Back