Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Robs 80

Rob

Garage
Now that i have given it a wash which was very over due i have decided to take some photos and start a thread on the evolution of my 80. I bought it as i was planning of going to Mongolia in the summer of 2009. That did not happen so if all goes to plan we should be going this summer.

I found it in a barn during the worst part of the recession, it already had the BFGs and snorkel :cool:
toyota.jpe

during its first 2 offroad outings, both of which were at lincomb farm, both side steps got a bit deformed
DSC07775.JPG

It was time to replace the side steps with wildsmith sliders
IMG_5683.JPG

Here are a couple of photos of it when when i used it to move out of my parents holiday home in Spain.
16122009009.jpg

16122009010.jpg

About a mounth ago i gave it a lift, got some used OME shocks from stef and new Ironman +50mm B coils.
DSC08185.JPG

And the most important bit
DSC08187.JPG

Mods to come:
TJM chassis mounted rear wheel carrier
Winch bumper and Milemarker hydraulic winch
Load guard
Transfer case slider
steering guard
leisure battery (split charge) for Engel fridge
Eezi-awn roof rack
Howling moon roof tent

I have most of the above but need some bits and pieces + time to fit them. Almost all the accessories that i have purchased have come of ebay (used or very cheap) or a forum member, its amazing how much you can find if you are patient.

Scrubs up nicely doesn't it? :cool:
Chas

Im surprised how shiny it looks after a wash too, at least it has a few scratches on the wheel arches to prove its used properly :mrgreen:

I dooo like a white 80 - nice rig Rob. Particularly like the matching white vulva ;-)

Gavlad said:
I dooo like a white 80 - nice rig Rob. Particularly like the matching white vulva ;-)
I'm guessing, but did you mean Volvo?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cossack said:
Gavlad said:
I'm guessing, but did you mean Volvo?
I thinks he does

For some reason i have 2 white cars but not out of choice, the 80 was priced very well and the volvo is a free hand me down. My girlfriend hates it when i say "lets take the white one" :lol: really easy to wind her up

Sure is looking well Rob, you have yourself a very nice and useable truck there.

White - doesn't show up the scratches as much :cool:

I hate to mention it but you seem to be driving MY 80? No? Damn, am I dreaming again? I'd be happy with red, grey etc, but white - they ROCK!

C

Battered and Blue said:
I hate to mention it but you seem to be driving MY 80? No? Damn, am I dreaming again? I'd be happy with red, grey etc, but white - they ROCK!

C
U should of bought yours early last year, they were very cheap then :mrgreen:

Careful. I own guns and have a map with Bristol on it.

Somewhere :lol:

Chris

Nice rack BTW Rob - do you know the brand & quanta costa?

Cheers

Its an ARB rack which may be on sale soon, once i manage to get some clamps for my eezi-awn rack which will take my roof tent. As far as i know they are about £700+VAT new, dunno if that including the feet or not.

Just an update, I have now installed the Mile Marker 10500lb winch and the winch bumper i bought on ebay a few months ago. I havent had time to get a decent pic but i did take one on my phone for the impatient ones out there Gav.
16062010085.jpg

That was taken just after i had finished. I also replaced all the power steering pipes and rebuilt the PS pump so a more detail how to thread will follow in a week or so. Maybe a how to fit a 3rd battery under the bonnet thread too...

Well done fella - just in time for a good run out at Lincomb eh :)

Looks good and looks sturdy as well. Not sure about the hoop though ;)

not keen on the hoop either, ill take it off someday and see how it looks without it or i could put a club sticker on it... The bumper is very solid. Julian V knows more about the guy who made it, I think hes somewhere deep in the west country.

IMHO, the radius on the hoops is just a bit too big - you could get a new one made with tighter bends if you wanted to...

tube's too thin, bend radius is too big like Gav said IMO.

Back