Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

12v aircon onto 24v

L

LandCruiser1978

I have a 24v td vx but has no aircon . pump has been removed in the past .
My friend has a 12v td and he has removed his aircon system .. And he has given me the pump .. But he has left the mounting bracket on his engine (going to remove it next week ). will the bracket fit onto my 24v ?

Or are the pumps model specific ..
I'm also in need of some of the pipes and maybe the canister thingy

Sorry, you're out of luck - the pulley location is also different. I tried a 12v compressor on mine with no joy - there may be a way of making it work but you're going to be messing with modded brackets and probably changing the pulley at a minimum. Try and get a compressor for a 24v if you can.

Working used 24v compressors are very rare, but not as rare as new units. I managed to get a brand new denso unit for mine for about £350, no idea where my mechanic got it from :think: It took him a week to find one as they are not used on anything else.

As already been mentioned (hens teeth)

THat was chesp rob :shock:

Id fab a bracket up as it will be far cheaper and easier.

Karl

What is the difference?
Would it need to sit further forward ?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I know, it was dirt cheap and that's why I checked it carefully to see if it was an aftermarket one or something. Turned out to be a brand new denso in a denso box. :?

Can you get me some rob :D

It does dit further forward bob as far as i remember. Anything can be made to fit and work.

Karl

I think you should make this your next challenge Karl !

Conversion kits for 24v aircon

Back