Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

193,27 Million passengers from Jan 8 to Feb 16

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
BEIJING - More than 6.4 million people traveled by train in China on Saturday as students returning to colleges filled carriages across the country, the Ministry of Railways (MOR) said Sunday.

Stations continued to see massive numbers of passengers in the last several days of the 40-day Spring Festival travel season, which begins on Jan 8 and ends on Feb 16.

By Saturday, the country's railway authorities had sold 193.27 million tickets during the travel season, according to a statement posted on the MOR website.

"Railway traffic is generally in order," the MOR said.

The ministry put 711 more trains into service to cope with the increasing passenger flow on Saturday and has prepared 694 additional trains for Sunday's travel rush.

China's Spring Festival travel season, which lasts from Jan 8 to Feb 16 this year, witnesses the world's biggest human traffic flow every year as hundreds of millions of people, mainly migrant workers and students, travel across the nation

Amazing travel numbers.
How do you just put 700 plus more trains into service for the day?
It is beyond my thinking.

I remember getting off a train some time last year, in Weifang where I live, and this was a sleeper train stopping at 04:30am, I had never seen so many people get off a train before.
The station underpasses are a good 7 meters wide, andall I could see above the heads of all infront of me, was thousands of people hurriedly making their way to busses and taxis.

Gra.

700 for a day...

well i have no idea either - that is some serious logistics.

i suspect the Chinese focus on planning and getting it right first time, rather than going off half cocked, under invested and under funded and then spending oh of the rest of time complaining about things, fixing the blame instead of fixing the problem and constantly trying to fix something that should instead be scrapped and start afresh... oh dear, that would be here then!!

rant over.

Do we even run 700 trains a day in UK ?

I am not sure we can.

Gra.

Back