Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1975 FJ 40 Brake Calipers

buzkansintheback

Country Flag
united_states
When I had traded my M-38 Willys Jeep for a FJ 40 it had all the way around calipers When I was taking it a part I noticed that the brake bleeders where on the top and the flex lines where on the bottom Now in the 4 wheel drive application this does not make sense due to rocks But upon further research I found out that they where GM calipers form a kit from a well known company They are marked R for fight in the mechanics world r means right side , passenger side if installed this way the bleeder holes are up ,so I reversed them they fit fine and work as well In the pics of the dealer page they show them with the bleeder up Now talking to a friend of mine he says that the bleeder valves are easer to bleed air goes up so which is up or down thx Buz K

Its better to have the bleeder at the top of the caliper as the air in the caliper will be in the highest part of it.

I can see why you don't like the feed on the lower side of the caliper though but the wheel will go over the rocks and as it does this the feed pipe will raise with it.

Back