Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1978 FJ40 value?

pelledan

Country Flag
united_states
Hello All, My name is Dan and I'm writing this in behalf of a friend in the Jacksonville, FL area. They have a 1978 FJ40 they want to sell. The odometer read 164,924 when it went into a shed under its own power in 1996. At that time it was placed on jacks, and nothing was done to it since. They have a new hood and soft doors for it and a box containing some parts, but what the parts actually are is unknown. There is corrosion on floors, on the original doors and original hood. After 25 years there's an inch or two of dust on it and the tires are completely dry rotted and flat. It would need to be towed out of the shed and flat bedded to wherever. All glass is in tact, it has no factory air but a used (not installed) aftermarket system is included as well as instruction manuals. There maybe a new soft top as well, but that will need to be researched when a prospective buyer looks at it. I have no clue what the value of something like this might be, but they would like to sell it. No sure if this is the best platform to sell something like this, and if it isn't, can anyone suggest a better place?
Thanks in advance, Dan

You might be better to try some of the Facebook groups eg FJ40 owners and enthusiasts United States or TLCA, but be prepared to be bombarded with messages and offers. Or eBay will give you a fair market value if you put it up for auction.

Back