Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1992 Prado L78 EX - Radio Blues

zfsteering

Hi,

Has any forum member got for sale the original radio/cassette part number 86120-95J04 from this vehicle that will fit straight into my three connector (1 x 6, 1 x 10 & 1 x 14 Pin) audio harness?

Or alternatively has anyone had any experience with adaptors & fitting an after-market headset utilizing the Toyota factory amp and existing harnesses ?

I don't really want to go the route of rewiring my vehicle to use the headset amp.

With thanks.

Stephen

Hi

You can buy a harness adaptor from Halfords for about £12, or get one off ebay for about £5.

You have the original double unit fitted still? If you put in a modern cd/radio you shouldnt need the amp.

If I recall correctly, the jap radio doesnt cover all the bands we use in the UK.

Pete

Thanks Pete for the info.

The original unit was pulled out & a Sony single Din installed bypassing the factory amp. Though, unfortunately the person that did this cut the 14 pin block connector off the factory loom & left me a mess to tidy up.

Cool, so the Halfords adaptor wont work cos theres nothing left to connect it to.

I wouldnt refit an original twin unit, you'll end up just listening to Radio 2........

Pete

Back