Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1HD-T vs 1Hz parts availability

Pachyderme80

Country Flag
switzerland
Hi,

Actually thinking about swapping a 1Hz for 1 HD-T engine in a 78 which I should own in a close future, but I’m worried about the availability of parts in the future, compares to the 1Hz which is still manufactured.

What’s your thoughts about this?
Would it be more wise to keep the 1hz?

I guess it depends on which part of the world you are in. Here in the UK the 1hz specific parts are not easy to find, things that are common to 1hd and 1hz are readily available.

I guess it depends on which part of the world you are in. Here in the UK the 1hz specific parts are not easy to find, things that are common to 1hd and 1hz are readily available.
Thanks GeekOKent!

Interesting, didn’t know the 1hd was more common in UK than the 1hz!
I’m in Switzerland (almost in Europe :)), and you can find both but the 1hz is the most represented.
Is there an easy way to find which part are common for both engines?

Toyodiy.com and the middle East based dealers are my go-to. And the after market vendors in Australia.

Part of my challenge is that the 1hz was never sold in a land cruiser here in the UK.

Also, worth noting is that some of the other pieces might not be the same eg. The gearbox often paired with the 1hz is the r151 but the 1hd was paired with the h151 and the 1hdfte with the a442.

Lots of opportunities to do home work with :)

Toyodiy.com and the middle East based dealers are my go-to. And the after market vendors in Australia.

Part of my challenge is that the 1hz was never sold in a land cruiser here in the UK.

Also, worth noting is that some of the other pieces might not be the same eg. The gearbox often paired with the 1hz is the r151 but the 1hd was paired with the h151 and the 1hdfte with the a442.

Lots of opportunities to do home work with :)
Hi, GeekOKent,
So do you order at this Website? You’ve never had any problem to get your parts?

By the way, which gearbox would you recommend to install in a 78 with a 1HDT.
As far as I know the standard gearbox won’t last long with this swap? What do you think?

Toyodiy is mostly a part reference site and it has assembly drawings.

A local Toyota agency is the always willing to order custom parts, even for things not sold here and I tend to use them ( you will see Simon Holden mentioned many times here on the website ). Otherwise roughtrax and milner4x4 are and finally for the really hard stuff it's amayama in the middle East.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
pretty much every part is still available for the 1HDT. including head and short block.

later H151s have bolt holes to take a gear linkage so that the shifter is in the correct position. H151s are a long gearbox so the shifter can end up in a unworkable position on some landcruisers. H150 is shorter. you will have to do your homework as to what works where..

or H152 if you want new and slightly higher 5th.

later H151s have bolt holes to take a gear linkage so that the shifter is in the correct position. H151s are a long gearbox so the shifter can end up in a unworkable position on some landcruisers. H150 is shorter. you will have to do your homework as to what works where..

or H152 if you want new and slightly higher 5th.
Right, I’ve to study a bit more. As far as I remember my mechanic recommended me the H151F….Transfer box of the 80 with 4x2 conversion to stay in part-time 4wd.

Back