Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1hdt (wont go past 140kph)

@rollence : not a fan of small cars.....4x4 is what im attached to.....i've own a daihatsu feroza and nissan patrol gq (damn 4.2 diesel engine just keeps on running and running)

Hello, i am new here, brought HDJ80 a week ago.
Same problem on mine HDJ80, 91 year 1HD-T. Tires AT 285/75R16. Would not go more than 120kph. Have changed air, fuel filters. Absolutely no of black smoke on the full pedal. the engine starts and sounds like a charm.
What else i have to check?
What the turbo pressure should be?
What the max safe turbo pressure can be for this engine?
20140106_231032.jpg20140106_230825.jpg

I've got the same problem and I've replaced and checked the same list as you. All filters have been changed or were clear. Because my 80 is the non-turbo HZJ, I'm only left with the injector pump/pump timing.

I'm trying to find a local diesel boffin who would tackle tuning the pump. I'd suggest you do the same before you start tampering with the turbo.

Chas recommended a young guy at Julian Volker's shop. Maybe you can give him a try. How many miles/kms have you on the clock?

almost 500000kms on the clock, but the engine and gearbox are replaced from good condition rhd hdj80 fom uk by the previous owner. So exact mileage of the engine i unknown, but i think a lot less than 500000kms as it looks like a new. I will try to show it for anybody who can adjust the timing of the pump. also i want to replace a timing belt at the same time.

Make sure to change the timing belt tensioner at the same time and replacing the cam pulley is also advised, while you're in there.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back