Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1HDTE vibration

davwood

Country Flag
australia
Hi all
I have a 2002 79 series ute with 1HDTE turbo six.
It has developed a vibration / resonation at about 1000 rpm ( 900-1100rpm), does it in neutral or in gear, stationary or driving but only when it has warmed up. It has gradually got worse over a 3 year period and despite a lot of time under the bonnet, I haven't worked out what it is.
Initially I thought it was something vibrating on the firewall then in the exhaust somewhere because of the fact that it only made the noise when it was warm, but I have also been told that it might be a loose baffle in the fuel pump.
I would love to hear from anyone who has experienced a similar problem.
Cheers
Dave

Mate i have the same issue did you land up finding out what it was did you manage to sort it out

Dave I landed up replacing the steel fuel lines that run against the fire wall with rubber lines and all vibration was gone i replaced the return line as well as the line from the Fuel filter until the break before the pump and return from pump to under the driver side and this has solved my issue although i checked all mounting and brackets were i still had the vibration but this has solved it and so happy with it now.

Guys this was a know issue with the 1HD-FTE motor and is caused by the high frequency pulsing from the return line of the Fuel pump.
Toyota fixed it by adding a vibration eliminator or resonator that is mounted just above the fuel pump on the intake manifold, its a black thing that looks like a fuel filter but I believe it's not much more than an empty chamber a bit like an exhaust muffler as I have made similar pulse eliminators for Air Conditioning pipework in a past life.
I don't know if they fail but sounds a little like they do.
On my 2005 HDJ78R I simply removed one of the brackets that secured the solid fuel lines to the fire wall and secured it with a rubber mount so i guess in a way doing the same as you did.

Back