Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

1hz auto gearbox problem?

nooknook

Country Flag
australia
Hi all I'm looking at buying a 105 series but it seems it might have a gearbox problem but we're not sure what it could be.
Basically when driving up a hill when you put your foot flat (even in overdrive) it will stay in the same gear for a long time then eventually slow quiet a lot then change back a gear, makes it worse going up hills than my work truck....
Does anyone know why this is or had a 1hz auto?? How does it go
I don't want to buy it and have to put a new box in it, cheers

When was the atf fluid last changed ?
Assuming this model has an auto box dipstick, what colour is the fluid, does it smell burned ?

When was the atf fluid last changed ?
Assuming this model has an auto box dipstick, what colour is the fluid, does it smell burned ?
It seems like it's been changed recently it's fairly clean doesn't really smell burnt

Ok, is there a "sport" switch on the console somewhere as some other series have, this makes it hold gears for longer ?
Maybe bands in auto box slipping, but so far I'm only guessing to keep your thread alive, hopefully someone more knowledgeable will jump in

Ok, is there a "sport" switch on the console somewhere as some other series have, this makes it hold gears for longer ?
Maybe bands in auto box slipping, but so far I'm only guessing to keep your thread alive, hopefully someone more knowledgeable will jump in
Yeah there's a power mode and an overdrive mode overdrive is supposed to make it drop back a gear faster, so higher rpm from what I know but it still seems very slow with od on.
Yeah ok is probably an expensive fix either way, cheers

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It may not involve any expense.
Have you tried switching off overdrive and power mode/one or the other ? Flooring it uphill will provoke a response from the auto box to find its own level/confuse it, with power mode/overdrive on, i.e. it takes off like a f1, then drops back to a milk float.
Also depends if towing or carrying heavy load.
What is it like on the flat, - gear changes normal ?
I would experiment a bit more with the settings, as these can make a difference, all these need input from the driver for the auto box to 'behave'

Yeah have tried with the different settings and seemed like it has go in it but it's just very slow changing back a gear when floored even on the flatz unless this is normal for this car, haven't really compared it to the same model so it could be normal

Back