Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2 Nav programmes, 1 reciever.

mike hatton

Ok so I'm a complete pooter retard, but being very naff at navigation I have been forced to face my fears.

So I bought a couple of old laptops (one pre-dates dvd drives), fettled them up a little and loaded up mem map and the maps, got a reciever and hey presto, look like a nav pro/pooter whiz to the untrained eye... 'til I have to traverse large distances, constantly zooming in and out of the maps gets very fiddly and I eventually end up going the wrong way.
Anyways, I've loaded auto route up, not as good as tom tom but beats not knowing what your doing. Problem I have now is mem map and auto route won't run together, they argue over the gps reciever and won't share a com port.
Can anyone advise if there is anyway I can get the 2 to share? It would be nice to have the 2 screens up so I can smoothly navigate between lanes.

Thanks,

Mike.

Could be just the ticket. Saved in favourites 'til the weekend when I hope for a shred of spare time (It generally takes me a long time to get these things working being a dimwit and all :doh: ).

Thankyou very much good sir :clap:

hey Mike, if you want to borrow my gps puck to have a play, feel free... :cool:

Back