Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2004 100 Series Double Din Radio replacement without losing trip/maintenance info

SlyBeast

Country Flag
great_britain
Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with upgrading their built in radio/sat nav to something more modern that can connect to apps like waze, spotify etc., but still being able to access the trip info and maintenance info that is available on the factory setup?

2004 Model 100 series.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with upgrading their built in radio/sat nav to something more modern that can connect to apps like waze, spotify etc., but still being able to access the trip info and maintenance info that is available on the factory setup?

2004 Model 100 series.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Hi mate, did you have any luck with this? I am looking into the same and come across Canavie Android multimedia system, also double din and it has A/C and climate control functions on the screen. However, they cannot guarantee it will be compatible with the original rear camera and steering controls may not all function. Not ideal but what is better out there?

Hey mate,

I haven't no. I have seen some options that fit into the current unit (although examples are slightly different button configurations) and then can still use the controllers. But I haven't looked into it further.

My rear camera doesn't currently work, so I need to sort that out at the same time.

I have a USA Spec BT-45 which lets the standard head unit connect to a phone via bluetooth for audio streaming. It works well.

https://www.usaspec.com/p-322-bt45-toy.aspx

Because you are not changing the head unit all the standard functions are there. In operation it acts like a second CD autochanger. The steering wheel controls still work for track change when using the Google Music Player on an Android phone.

I have a USA Spec BT-45 which lets the standard head unit connect to a phone via bluetooth for audio streaming. It works well.

https://www.usaspec.com/p-322-bt45-toy.aspx

Because you are not changing the head unit all the standard functions are there. In operation it acts like a second CD autochanger. The steering wheel controls still work for track change when using the Google Music Player on an Android phone.
Thanks, seem's like a good alternative.

Back