Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2004 lc5

Lewis07

A mate is looking to buy one. What did they have over the LC4 of the same vintage and did they have any particular issues or weaknesses?

On the Toyota website, under used cars, is a section detailing the original specification schedule that has all that. On the bus now so will check and edit

Only real concern is service history, injector seals and ride height controllers sometimes go on the fritz.

EDIT: Here it is - car data archive:

http://www.toyota.co.uk/vs2/oldpdf/04/LC3_96_spec.pdf

Cheers

Last edited:
From memory the adjustable air suspension, touchscreen sat nav, better sound system, cd changer, and sub

Privacy glass too, auto has all the toys - 2nd start, DAC, TEMS, etc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had a 5 and IMO it is worth the extra over a 4. The sat nav is pretty top notch. The sound system is good. Air suspenders on the rear which make for good long distance travelling. Good leather seats. Nice sun roof. Good auto air con. Some have privacy glass on the rear (not qute sure when this was standard but it wasn't on my early '04 model). The only real let down with the '04 mode,l running the bag of bolts gutless D4D engine, is that the 4sp auto is a bit low on gearing for cruising and affects economy. Also no torque converter lock on this model. From about '05 on the box was changed to a 5 sp with torque converter lock up and with an improvement in economy. And the other bits Gary mentions above. Great motor. Damn I miss mine. :icon-cry:

This is the link to the spec:
http://www.toyota.co.uk/vs2/oldpdf/05/LC3_96_over.pdf

LC3LC4LC5

• Dual zone climate control air conditioning
  • ABS - Electronically controlled with Electronic
  • Brake Force Distribution
  • Brake Assist System
  • 8 Airbags
  • 3-point seatbelts - all seats with Emergency
  • Locking Retractor
  • Central double locking with remote activation amp; transponder key engine immobiliser
  • Integrated CD/radio with 6 speakers
  • 17-inch alloy wheels with locking wheelnuts
  • Colour keyed wheel arch extensions
  • Colour keyed retractable heated side mirrors
  • Front and rear fog lamps
  • Roof rails

• Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
  • Active Traction control (A-TRC)
  • Downhill Assist Control (DAC, on Automatic only)
  • Hill-start Assist Control (HAC, on Automatic only)
  • Satellite Navigation System with UK DVD ROM amp; Turn-by-Turn
  • Electrically adjustable and heated front seats
  • Sunroof - electric tilt/slide with shade, one touch anti-trap amp; key off function
  • Cruise control
  • Optitron instruments
  • Leather steering wheel, gear knob and seats
  • Hard spare wheel cover

• TEMS, Toyota Electronically Modulated Suspension (automatically adjusts shock absorber settings according to driving conditions)
  • Full colour, voice activated satellite navigation system with European DVD and Electronic Traffic Avoidance
  • Radio / cassette / 6 CD auto changer with nine speakers
  • Air conditioning system - dual zone climate control with front amp; rear temperature controls
  • Rear heater with separate control system
  • Hard spare wheel cover

EDIT: Sorry formatting a bit crap

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Check that the air con is working because if it has a leak and the pipework needs to be replaced it can get v expensive because the old pipes fuse together so you need to replace huge sections = £££££. I speak from (nasty) experience.

Back