Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

2005 land cruiser center console

cypee

Hi, may i know why 2005 lancruiser 4.2 diesel has this two type of center console? Which 1 is more latest?

thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 2,493
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 685
The LC100 has always been available with and without navigation. The top pic here is with, and then you also have all the aircon and heating controls on the screen. It's a royal pain to have alle the audio, navigation and heating/cooling in the same system, at least when it gets dated or faulty.
The bottom version, marked 1 and 2, is the non-navi for 2003 onwards. Earlier versions has three rotary knobs which are much easier, faster and safer to use. Difference between 1 and 2 is that 1 has rear A/C (button 2 from right, bottom row), and 2 has rear heater (button 2 from left in bottom row). Version 1 might have the rear heat in addition to rear A/C.

So, afaik, all three can be from any year between 2003 and 2007.

Hi uhu,
thanks for your info.

for the difference between this 2 button
1- button Rear AC
2- button rear heat(hi/low)

it mean this both also has rear ac?
1 is has rear ac but no heater
2 is has rear ac+heater

The location of vent is at 3rd row seat top?

Blank button in the third position means: No A/C.
Blank in second pos. in the bottom row: No rear heater.

The rear heater is a fan and heater core under the left front seat, blowing to both sides on second row passengers feet, with temp. and fan conctrols at the back of the centre storage box. (Versions w/o rear heat might have audio controls here)

The rear A/C unit is at the rear right corner of the car, with vents and controls in the ceiling above the back seat (2nd row).

The rear a/c and rear heating is two separate systems.

Pipes for both of these systems run under the car, and are susceptible to corrosion, if exposed to salted winter roads.

Last edited:
4949152757 copy.jpg

Now I abit understand
Photo 1 is with rear A/C
Photo 2 is with Rear Heater (but no rear A/C)

Normally for Bottom 4 button, NO. 2 is for rear A/C and No.3 is for Rear Heater is FIX?
is that got car 4 button is FULL, no.2 Rear A/C and no3 Rear Heater also got button?

My country is Hot, so i no need rear heater. I only want is rear A/C

Normally for Bottom 4 button, NO. 2 is for rear A/C and No.3 is for Rear Heater is FIX?
is that got car 4 button is FULL, no.2 Rear A/C and no3 Rear Heater also got button?
The position of the switches is fixed.
There are models, at least in the US, which have both rear a/c and rear heater.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
For Nav version. All aircon & control in the lcd screen.
is that any 3rd party radio player can replace this original nav player?
because i need to install rear camera, tv, and important is ori nav is no support my country map. So i need to find a player to replace it.

If no nav version, i can find it on ebay. But nav i not sure where i can buy it.

thanks

You can read lots about this issue on mud.
Generally, if you want an updated navigation/video/camera solution, don't get the navi-version.

Back