Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Troopy - After market centre console ideas or builds?

Bmonck

Supporter
Country Flag
england
Hi
I have taken out the original Toyota driver seat plus the 1.5 person co-driver’s seat in my 78. I have replaced them with two BMW M sport seats. Much more comfortable. Now there is a lot of space between the two seats and I would like to install a decent centre console. The 80 has a large, useful and comfortable centre console and am thinking of putting something similar.

Ideally I am looking for something large and robust. I am happy to build it myself if there are good ideas or plans around. It could be similar to the photo below.
Does anyone have good ideas of consoles from other cars or self build ideas that have worked well?
many thanks
IMG_1347.png

I fitted a tuffy in my 80, think it was designed for a or as most stuff is! Went in ok without the front cup holder

Most of the Aussies put a fridge in the space. Couple of offerings that are ‘made to measure’. If I had the space there I’d put a small safe hidden inside a console…

I fitted a tuffy in my 80, think it was designed for a or as most stuff is! Went in ok without the front cup holder
Did you buy that in the usa or uk? If uk where from?
when you say “designed for a or ” not sure i understand.
thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Did you buy that in the usa or uk? If uk where from?
when you say “designed for a or ” not sure i understand.
thanks
I got it in the uk, was some years ago though, could have been from Matt savage,& it meant to say designed for a land rover!

Anyone tried any second hand consoles from other vehicles?
also might look at building one from 8020 extruded aluminium

Back