Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

3.0 td

Mr Regius

Country Flag
great_britain
sorry unable to add video bit of a tekkie noob
Copy of VID_20230601_135508.mp4 - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]
Hopefully this time it will open The original question was about how noisy these engines are the vehicle is new to me and drives well with good power no smoke starts first turn of the key but it seems a little noisy especially at idle if anyone ha sa similar engine it would be great to get a comparison

Last edited:
Thanks Karl I am just overthinking and allowing the doom monkeys to corrupt my mind. Thanks for listening it is appreciated. I did just find another video on the forum with the same engine and it does sound fairly similar so all looks good.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If you've got the facilities have a look at the live data from the engine and post it here, that can give you an idea how it's running

Crikey Traction man the doom monkeys are always rattling on about something the trick is knowing when to ignore them, best way to keep them, quiet is with bananas laced with coconut rum seems to do the trick until the morning when they seem twice as loud again. But seriously I just thought it was a bit top end noisy when I was sitting in traffic but I think it is just different sounding to my last vehicle which was one of those L*******R things which was noisy as hell but a noise I must have got used to (Brake Vacuum Pump was louder than the engine to be fair). Thanks for taking the time to listen for me it is appreciated. Karl I don't think it is running badly just seemed a bit noisy to me to be honest it pulls like a train but I do have a code reader if that is what you are thinking although I haven't had any warning lights etc. I have got to take it for a longer run tomorrow so will hopefully get more accustomed to it and get a bit more confidence in its ability and reliability. Thanks everyone for the comments.

Yep a code reader that can look at live ECU data, then you can get an idea of the state of the injectors etc.

What model is your truck by the way - I know it's a 3.0 td but is it a 120 or a 150?

Some diesels (read most) can be a bit noisy/rattly when cold, but as Karl says, any codes thrown up could give an indication if/where any problems may lie.

Back