Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

3.4 V6 lwb 90 value

Captainoversteer

Supporter
Last night was offered a cruiser 'like mine' on a P plate with a dead engine for around a grand,ideal I thought would be handy to have an 80 kicking around in the corner of the yard for bits.

Turns out its a petrol Colorado,engine is finished,suspected piston gone,new set of Hankooks on it,tidy truck overall,blah blah.

My question is whats it worth,is it worth me buying as a breaker? I break lots of LR's but this is something I know next to nothing about!

If it's just the engine that is gone and the rest of the truck is OK, I'm sure you would recoup your £1k if you were to break it......many of the body/suspension/electrics are common anyway.

If the (5) wheels and tyres are in good nick, then those alone would probably be worth £300-400, if not more?

That's great,thanks. Matey noticed my disappointment that it wasn't an 80 and has left it with me to look at and make an offer,so should come in considerably cheaper,rest of the truck looks very tidy,104k miles,clean cloth interior etc. It looks worth putting an engine back in,but just had a quick look on ebay and v6's are exactly cheap and/or plentiful. Will have to think about it some more!

Its silver over green,slush box with cloth interior if that makes any difference

Last edited:
Lexus V8 conversion perhaps? :whistle: I wonder if that would fit onto the 'box without too much hassle?

Yes it will, mate of mine's putting one in his hilux surf

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back