Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

3L - 2.8d transfer in 2.8 TD

bleka

Country Flag
montenegro
Hello guys,

I have some doubts about this project. I have all turbo kit from 2lt (2.4 td engine) and I'm gonna put in my cruiser 3L (2.8 d).

Just have one question...

I also have fuel pumpm from 2.4 td. Should I have to put that pump or just to my give little bit extra fuel..

Last edited:
It's best to fit the td fuel pump as it has a piped line that tee's off the crossover pipe or from the inlet manifold. This will increase fueling as the turbo boosts.

So it will give more fuel automatically and at the right time.

To get the pump setup correctly to give the optimum setting it's best to use a dial gauge to measure the stroke and make the timing correct.

I had a 3l with the 2lt turbo parts and it was a great drive so you'll really notice the gain in doing the job..

Nice too hear that . Thanks.. when I finish the turbo kit the next move will be installing intercooler

It's best to fit the td fuel pump as it has a piped line that tee's off the crossover pipe or from the inlet manifold. This will increase fueling as the turbo boosts.

So it will give more fuel automatically and at the right time.

To get the pump setup correctly to give the optimum setting it's best to use a dial gauge to measure the stroke and make the timing correct.

I had a 3l with the 2lt turbo parts and it was a great drive so you'll really notice the gain in doing the job..

i put the injection pump from 2.4 (completly restored) - (didn't put the turbo yet) but i see car go slowly then before. i'm gonna try tu put little bit fuel to see what happen..

just wondering is it possilble to i.pump for 2.8 give more fuel then 2.4..

tnx

Last edited:
Back