Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

4.2 diesel 105 manual

Nido

Is there much demand over here in the uk? I am importing one from Oz and thinking I might bring 2 and sell one on to help cover all the import fees.......they are the best of both worlds.

They are very rare (i have seen one diesel and heard of 1 petrol for sale over the last 2 years) and currently 80s are in very high demand so a diesel 105 would IMO fetch quite a bit over here. A turbo 105 would be even better but i guess you would want to keep that one for yourself :twisted:

EDIT: sorry i cant be more specific on prices. BTW does anyone here want one?

Out of interest, roughly how much would you be looking at by the time all the duties and shipping are paid?

Ian

This the reply i had from All American in Holland aout the 105 they have:

Hello Paul,
Thanks for your interest in the last 105 we have for sale, is a BRANDNEW one.
Price build up for this car is as follows:
The car itself, the standard basic type was priced at priced at 35360.00 euro.
Extra's fitted on this car are the following Toyota options:

Wheels 235 / 85 x 16 5 Spoke Steel 340.16 euro

Airconditioning 1,291.76 euro

Diff.Locks Frt + RR 1,565.88 euro

Freewheelhubs 122.85 euro

Extra Fuel tank ± 50L 542.35 euro

High Altitude Compensator 170.08 euro

Electric winch, original Toyota 1,434.00 euro

Metallic 291.00 euro

Rear window wipers / heating 347.38 euro

Separate seats front 271.60 euro

Makes a total price of 41737.06 euro, excl taxes ex works.

We did offer this car to another customer with a turbo – intercooler system for 43000.00 euro, excl taxes, which means that this turbo intecooler kit is offered at around 1300.00 euro, is including fitting, while normally this would be about 3000.00 euro

These turbokits are developed and sold by us all over Europe and beyond: middle east and further, even Australia.
All together a very complete car with nice extra's .
This car comes with German TUV papers, and in Holland we can change that for a Dutch registration, I have no idea how this works in other countries. You have to arrange / check this yourself, we cannot do that for you.
This is the last one , NEW, which we can supply.
Toyota does not build them anymore, unfortunately
All prices mentioned are without taxes, ex works.

This car is already imported in the EU, so that particular tax is already paid, is in the price.

Rob said:
A turbo 105 would be even better but i guess you would want to keep that one for yourself :twisted:
Remember there was no factory turbo diesel in the 105 - diesels are 1HZ normally aspirated, so one with a turbo will need a decent health check, as t-charging the 1HZ can cause lots of problems if not set-up properly or if the vehicle is used very hard without watching EGTs.
[/anorak] Yes, a TD 105 would be the holy grail :cool:

€42k for a brand new 105 with most of the bells and whistles sounds like a pretty good price IMHO. Cheaper than a new 150 and the best overland/off-road tool bar none. Presume it's LHD?

@ Nido - bring in an extra 105, my guess is you will have buyers queuing before it even arrives. Make sure it's a diesel though! There was a petrol 105 floating around Autotrader and Ebay a while back and it didn't get much interest or much of a price...

Cheers,

Considering the 1HD-T is underpowerd for a modified 80 I dread to think what the 1HZ in the heavier 105 is like!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Andrew Prince said:
Rob said:
. Cheaper than a new 150 and the best overland/off-road tool bar none. ,
ooh contraversial ;)

new 79 troopie with the turbo v8 diesel has to be up there as one of the best overlanding vehicles ever- has a better load capacity than an 80 that's for sure, with a bigger fuel tank, and just as tough driveline!

We looked at a lot when over there and there some great trucks available in the $25k to $30k range. Many have b\bars and snorkels and r\racks already fitted ...we paid just over $31k for ours and it has cloth trim and 257k km ARB bar rack and snorkel have left it with family till we get the shipping sorted...looks like bringing it into Belgium is best option....still getting the costs finalized. I think that if I was to sell it once here I would be looking around £30k .....would people be interested at that price....

Hmm that is a little steeper than I thought... The All-American one in Holland is about the same and is pretty much new...

You might want to test the market a little before going through the cost & hassle of bringing the extra one in to Europe in case you struggle to sell.

pugwash said:
Andrew Prince said:
Rob said:
. Cheaper than a new 150 and the best overland/off-road tool bar none. ,
ooh contraversial ;)

new 79 troopie with the turbo v8 diesel has to be up there as one of the best overlanding vehicles ever- has a better load capacity than an 80 that's for sure, with a bigger fuel tank, and just as tough driveline!

and :mrgreen:

a new 4.2 troopie can be had for around £27K including diff locks so I have read through footloose.

OOh, decisions decisions...

A few points having had a couple of 1HZ powered 105s as well as running a fleet of 8 for several years.
Yes they are sweet vehicles, but as pointed out they are very underpowered. All very well saying it's a 4x4 and you just take it easy, but reality bites eventually (or you meet a sand dune)- although a friend has a petrol and obviously it is much better (at a cost!). But let's be honest here - they are great but not THAT great. When I bought my HZJ78 I could have got the exact same as my company car (std HZJ105) at the time:
But I went with the troopy due to better carrying capacity and an even more simple vehicle, and having had a Defender even a 70 series was luxurious enough ;) The HZJ105 also has the (arguably weak) R151 gearbox - like the HZJ78.
The All American turbo kit is superb, I have one on the troopy - but as pointed out it is not "fit and forget". The newer V8 78 troop carrier is fanntastic - no doubt, but for me again the issues of complexity and ECUs is a major minus point in an overland vehicle. Toyota themselves obviously are looking long and hard before officially introducing it in Africa - apparently fuel quality is an issue... It is still not even officially available in even SA!

For the money we are talking here (I refer to AA's 105) I agree that it is WAY better than a 150 - which is not a 'proper' LC anyway (duck :D )
I know the grass is always greener on the other side, and 105s/78s etc are fantastic vehicles, but in many ways the 80 series is - for long term European ownership and occasional expedition use - a more 'complete' vehicle. Sorry to sound negative, but if it was me I would be looking long and hard for that elusive low mileage/unmolested/never off roaded UK spec 80 series and then go mental with equipment and STILL have enough to buy a Yaris for the shops. And with prices for 100 series being what they are they are also tempting. Japanese import HZJ77 also ticks all the major boxes with a few plus points which not even an HZJ105 or 78 can match... :cool: As well as being even more super rare and cool!

If I was buying in Eu/Uk a expedition/off road vehicle my shortlist would be:
- The best possible UK 80 series I could get
- Japanese import HZJ77 (with All American turbo)

But then whatever you go for or bring in none of the vehicles mentioned so far (except maybe the 150) will exactly disappoint! :?

Back