Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

40 Builds in UK

Nice build, surprised it didn't get more interest on ih8mud. How does your brothers 40 on 80 gear go in the challenges, I'm assuming it's as wide as an 80?

Jon Wildsmith said:
Nice build, surprised it didn't get more interest on ih8mud. How does your brothers 40 on 80 gear go in the challenges, I'm assuming it's as wide as an 80?

Guess they didn't know what a challenge truck is/was?

Only done a few local trials & a couple of challenges in the 80 FJ40. With the front & rear lockers, she's unstoppable!

afrikanz said:
Gavlad said:
Well that was a nice easy re-build, well done ;-)

Easy? I wish.......... many many hours of sweat, swearing & blood! lol

Yeah, I was teasing referring to where your photos left off on this post ;-) Went to the US site - looks fantastic buddy!!! Well worth the effort :cool:

Gavlad said:
afrikanz said:
Gavlad said:
Well that was a nice easy re-build, well done ;-)

Easy? I wish.......... many many hours of sweat, swearing & blood! lol

Yeah, I was teasing referring to where your photos left off on this post ;-) Went to the US site - looks fantastic buddy!!! Well worth the effort :cool:

Great having it built to this stage. Don't know if I want to go the spring over axle route. Arches need trimming, simex's catch on them and car stops moving lol! Next big mod, chevy 305 V8, eddlebrok manifold & holleys..........

Doing the LRS Challenge in the midlands, first round this weekend!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
afrikanz said:
You're not a member of midland offroad?
No, I'm more of an on-roader than off-roader at the moment :shock: I did used to like pay & play days or a bit of bog snorkeling as someone on here goes in for but it got boring in a tricked up 80 and I never much fancied winch challenges.

Your trucks look really great.
Could you put up some (detail) pics of the 40 with 80 running gear. I find that concept really interesting.

Well done

regards,

Had a good read of the I8mud link....

Excellent

If you have any photos of the chassis mods and mounting the 40 body, those would be really interesting.

Regards,

Rodger said:
Had a good read of the I8mud link....

Excellent

If you have any photos of the chassis mods and mounting the 40 body, those would be really interesting.

Regards,

We were so involved in the build at the time that no one took pics of the chasis mods............ Body mounted down on the standard fj40 outriggers + a few extra ones made up to suit. She really needs dismantling down to chasis & built up again. It's at this stage just to get it together & working.

followed the link on MUD---it's come a long way hasn't it?
Nicely done- the events look like fun

Mine is a 71 with a 2f 4 speed and Saginaw PS and a warn 8274

This is for Steve Ackhurst - Steve, where can I find spare parts for FJ40 in the UK? I have a 1978 FJ40 in Romania and I have come to the UK to look for parts.
Many thanks
Bob Edwards
0794 3667187, [email protected]

here my 71 (Norfolk near Brandon Suffolk)

attachment.php?attachmentid=532532&stc=1&d=1308854583.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=532533&stc=1&d=1308854583.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=532534&stc=1&d=1308854583.jpg

bsmith123

Back