Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

50 series Diesel?

Gab250

Hey, I'm just wondering if any 50 series Landcruiser anywhere in the world came with a Diesel engine? Would it be hard to fit a Diesel from say a 60 series into one? I'd assume it would bolt straight in but not too sure.

Gab

I am intending to just that next year. A 60 engine and gearbox into a 55 should drop in without much work.
I hope
Do you have a 55? Where are you?

no, the 55/56 only came with a gasser.
there have been a few diesel swaps into the 55, it isn't a bolt in, frame widths are different, firewall location is different, exhaust routing is different, driveshafts need mods, shifters are different.

IF you are considering a diesel swap then go with the 1HZ manual swap. the older 3B/2H engines are getting harder and harder to find parts for.

just a suggestion

Question about a 50 series detroit diesel engine?
How durable are these engines?how many miles can they go before major repair is needed?I'm looking to purchase a truck with this motor and it has lot of miles, what should I look for?

Hey, I'm just wondering if any 50 series Landcruiser anywhere in the world came with a Diesel engine? Would it be hard to fit a Diesel from say a 60 series into one? I'd assume it would bolt straight in but not too sure.

Gab

I have the J5 2H motor, 4 speed gearbox, it works great. If you would be interested I can shoot

Back