Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

5VZ-FE - Loosening Power Steering Pump Bolt

Kraggle

Country Flag
australia
I'm in the process of replacing the aircon belt in my 95 series 5VZ-FE, and am having issues reaching and loosening the power steering pump adjustment bolt that's down behind the pump and pulleys. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of room to maneuver a wrench down there. Any tips of loosening it?

If you remove the intake and air box you should get more room to access the PS pump and tensioner. The AC tensioner is best accessed from the bottom after removing the skid plate.

Thanks mate. I've loosened all the bolts now but for some reason the PS pump doesn't want to move more than a few millimeters. Any ideas if I need to loose another bolt somewhere? or if I need to loosen the bolt on the pulley itself?

I haven't removed mine before but I just checked my Haynes manual and it's silent on the matter. Though from the pics it looks like you can leave the pulley attached however it does look like you access one of the bolts through the pulley with a deep socket or similar. There's also an arm at approx the 4 o'clock position which I assume is bolted somewhere at best the left side of the timing chest.

IMG_20211009_125347.jpg

IMG_20211009_125325.jpg

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back