Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

70 & disco shropshire laning.

Ben

Guru
Country Flag
australia
i had a day laning around Shropshire today.

we set off from Telford at 8am and did some good lanes. :thumbup:

PICT0002.jpg

PICT0004.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0015.jpg

PICT0016.jpg

PICT0017.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

PICT0022.jpg

PICT0024.jpg

PICT0026.jpg

PICT0027.jpg

PICT0033.jpg

PICT0047.jpg

we did a few more lanes and were on a rather gentle one, when i got a shout over the
cb to say the rear axle had broken on the landrover. this was the first laning trip for my mates landrover and wed only been driving 3 hours. :o

we parked up and had a look underneath. the off side rear trailing arm had been ripped clean off the axle. so one ratchet strap later and we were back on the road. we limped the landrover back to my mates and then spent 2.5hours fitting a new axle. we then went back out and did another 4 hours laning. :D

PICT0050.jpg

PICT0051.jpg

PICT0052.jpg

PICT0053.jpg

PICT0054.jpg

PICT0055.jpg

PICT0056.jpg

PICT0059.jpg

PICT0060.jpg

PICT0061.jpg

back on the lanes. :thumbup:

PICT0063.jpg

PICT0068.jpg

PICT0069.jpg

PICT0070.jpg

lots of fords, but all were very shallow. :)

PICT0072.jpg

PICT0074.jpg

PICT0075.jpg

PICT0076.jpg

PICT0078.jpg

one of the smallest gates ive come across on a lane.

PICT0082.jpg

PICT0083.jpg

PICT0084.jpg

PICT0089.jpg

PICT0090.jpg

PICT0094.jpg

PICT0106.jpg

PICT0112.jpg

PICT0113.jpg

PICT0114.jpg

despite the lamerover breaking down, and the few hours we then spent fixing it, it was still a great day. my landcruiser obviously survived completely unscathed. :twisted:

Great photos again ben :thumbup:

Going to have to get over your way sometime soon ;)

karl

thanks. :thumbup:

Karl your always very welcome, as is anyone else. weve got some great lanes here in Shropshire and ive got a really good route that i know off by heart, with some amazing lanes.

would be happy to lead a group. :thumbup:

When i have my truck sorted ben i will defo be up for a tazz.

The lanes look great. And i love the water sections :thumbup:

ben said:
......as is anyone else. weve got some great lanes here in Shropshire and ive got a really good route that i know off by heart, with some amazing lanes.

I like the sound of that :) Looks like fun :D I do like your front bumper m8 :thumbup: You should be very proud of that :) Why you not comeing to Lincomb :?:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
some nice looking lanes, done a few over that way but dont recognise any of the ones in the photos

sae70 said:
ben said:
......as is anyone else. weve got some great lanes here in Shropshire and ive got a really good route that i know off by heart, with some amazing lanes.

I like the sound of that :) Looks like fun :D I do like your front bumper m8 :thumbup: You should be very proud of that :) Why you not comeing to Lincomb :?:

thanks mate. :thumbup:

i am considering coming to Lincomb if theres still space. when is it and how much does it cost?

i had a quick look through the thread but couldnt find that info. :)

ben said:
........i am considering coming to Lincomb if theres still space. when is it and how much does it cost?
All you need to know is on the first page through this link (dates, price & loacation) http://www.4x4x7.co.uk/ follow the link for the entry form @ the bottom of the page for prices :)

TonyS said:
Hi,
Its a new year so I had better get the date out there.

May 6th 7th 8th.

Following the success of the slightly different formatted October event, we are going to follow similiar lines for May, as our feedback was so positive.
Numbers will be limited to 30 vehicles,first come, first served basis, and I will do my best to cook the pig as well as the last one!!

Further details and booking form available from http://www.4x4x7.co.uk

For new members or those who haven't been to a Lincomb event before, check out this link.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8170&start=120

Attendees (booking forms recieved, will be updated):

1. Lorin & Amy
2. Scott
3. sae70 & Robert
4. Jimbo4x4 & Laura
5. TonyP
6. Trevor
7. Paul & Jo
8. Gav Peter
9. Chris with Nick
10. Jase & Andy
11. Rob & Helena
12. spackrackman with Paul
13. BlackWidow & co driver
14. Crispin
15. Andrew Prince & co-pilot George Mcdonald
16. Stan Healey
17. BlackBetty & Louise
18. Marius and Caron DE Kock
19. Karl
20. Dave

Looks like you had a great day out Ben. I see you had carpooter with you. Did you happen to track the route and if so would you mind sharing it with me as I am starting to put a map/data base together of all the trails I can get hold of.

Thats a fun looking day out Ben - I'd be on for a trundle around your neck of the woods at some stage :cool:

sae70 said:
ben said:
........i am considering coming to Lincomb if theres still space. when is it and how much does it cost?
All you need to know is on the first page through this link (dates, price & loacation) http://www.4x4x7.co.uk/ follow the link for the entry form @ the bottom of the page for prices :)

TonyS said:
Hi,
Its a new year so I had better get the date out there.

May 6th 7th 8th.

Following the success of the slightly different formatted October event, we are going to follow similiar lines for May, as our feedback was so positive.
Numbers will be limited to 30 vehicles,first come, first served basis, and I will do my best to cook the pig as well as the last one!!

Further details and booking form available from http://www.4x4x7.co.uk

For new members or those who haven't been to a Lincomb event before, check out this link.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8170&start=120

Attendees (booking forms recieved, will be updated):

1. Lorin & Amy
2. Scott
3. sae70 & Robert
4. Jimbo4x4 & Laura
5. TonyP
6. Trevor
7. Paul & Jo
8. Gav Peter
9. Chris with Nick
10. Jase & Andy
11. Rob & Helena
12. spackrackman with Paul
13. BlackWidow & co driver
14. Crispin
15. Andrew Prince & co-pilot George Mcdonald
16. Stan Healey
17. BlackBetty & Louise
18. Marius and Caron DE Kock
19. Karl
20. Dave

thanks Steven, i think i must have been half asleep when i looked this morning, not to see the date right at the top. :oops: :lol:

warrenpfo said:
Looks like you had a great day out Ben. I see you had carpooter with you. Did you happen to track the route and if so would you mind sharing it with me as I am starting to put a map/data base together of all the trails I can get hold of.

the carpooter is new, in fact that was its first outing. i only bought the netbook a few weeks ago when my laptop packed in. ive got memory map all loaded up and ive got a GPS dongle all working, but for some reason memory map kept crashing after about 20mins of tracking my route. :thumbdown:

im going to get my mate to sort it out as hes very good with carputers and memory map. also need to make a cradle to support it on the dash. once ive got it all sorted, your welcome to have a copy of the route. :thumbup:

Gav Peter said:
Thats a fun looking day out Ben - I'd be on for a trundle around your neck of the woods at some stage :cool:

your very welcome mate. just give me a shout when you wana come down. :thumbup:

Back