Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

75/78 Rear doors size?

Terry Pratchet

Country Flag
australia
Yea gidday, I'm the deadshit that bought a mine troopy. The rear doors are actually the only rusty part for some reason so I wanted to see if I could find some new ones without spending a bunch.

Does anyone know if the rear door size is the same for pre/post 2007 models? As I understand it, they only widened the front end? It is much easier to find 75 series being wrecked but mine is a 2011.

Much obliged.

Yea gidday, I'm the deadshit that bought a mine troopy. The rear doors are actually the only rusty part for some reason so I wanted to see if I could find some new ones without spending a bunch.

Does anyone know if the rear door size is the same for pre/post 2007 models? As I understand it, they only widened the front end? It is much easier to find 75 series being wrecked but mine is a 2011.

Much obliged.
G'day mate. I'm the other deadshit who brought an ex miner. Actually after spending a bunch of cash I'm pretty happy with mine now. I can tell you all the bits and pieces to check if you're interested, but you won't be happy afterwards :)
To answer your question, yes the doors are identical. Same tooling at the factory.
Whats the paintwork looking like on your engine bay? And how about the shock mounts on the front axle? In one piece? Mine are welded back on after being driven so hard the shocks were not even doing anything eventually.

G'day mate. I'm the other deadshit who brought an ex miner. Actually after spending a bunch of cash I'm pretty happy with mine now. I can tell you all the bits and pieces to check if you're interested, but you won't be happy afterwards :)
To answer your question, yes the doors are identical. Same tooling at the factory.
Whats the paintwork looking like on your engine bay? And how about the shock mounts on the front axle? In one piece? Mine are welded back on after being driven so hard the shocks were not even doing anything eventually.

Thanks Kimbo for the reply. I will keep an eye out for a set of barn doors, In the mean time I have drilled tactical insert/drain holes in mine so I can periodically flush them with rust converter like a grease nipple haha.

I picked mine up for 25k and have spent around another 10 on it since then (doing most of the work myself) and I am actually very happy with it considering it has still come in far cheaper than a civilian 2nd hander of the same vintage/mileage.

Paintwork looks fine, there was the expected gravel rash in the wheel arches and some surface rust behind the headlights but I have treated all that. I will have a look at the engine mounts. From what I could find out about her she was actually leased to a roadworks mob rather than being a pit vehicle. Inside of the chassis rails were packed with mud when I bought her but I had it cleaned out professionally and treated with a wax.

Let me know if there are any other nasties I should look at.

Thanks Kimbo for the reply. I will keep an eye out for a set of barn doors, In the mean time I have drilled tactical insert/drain holes in mine so I can periodically flush them with rust converter like a grease nipple haha.

I picked mine up for 25k and have spent around another 10 on it since then (doing most of the work myself) and I am actually very happy with it considering it has still come in far cheaper than a civilian 2nd hander of the same vintage/mileage.

Paintwork looks fine, there was the expected gravel rash in the wheel arches and some surface rust behind the headlights but I have treated all that. I will have a look at the engine mounts. From what I could find out about her she was actually leased to a roadworks mob rather than being a pit vehicle. Inside of the chassis rails were packed with mud when I bought her but I had it cleaned out professionally and treated with a wax.

Let me know if there are any other nasties I should look at.
That sounds great. My main issue as I menti9ned earlier was the shock mounts being totally snapped off. A good thing to do, assuming you haven’t done it already is to totally redo the suspension. The bushings in particular suffer badly from a working life. Also, all my steering tie rod ends were completely corroded, so worth checking that as well?
I actually didn’t have much choice here in Central Europe, it’s either buy brand new or get a used vehicle, almost all of which are previously state owned.

Back