Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 Series Wheels

joan

Country Flag
united_states
The wheels on my '96 have been through thick and thin and it's about time I look at getting new ones. We lived in Pennsylvania for awhile and the salt they used on the roads for the ice slowly ate away at them (all the moisture didn't help either in terms of rust.) We've got good, newish tires so if I can I'd like to try to find just the rims, not new tires. If its cheaper to buy new rims/tires in pair then I will. So I'd like some help from you guys on here to suggest some good wheels fit for a grey 80 series. Not too expensive but not too cheap. Not too shiny but not too ugly, etc. Pretty sure I need 6 bolt, but i don't know how far apart. 16" diameter but could manage a couple inches larger if nothing else, and i think my width is 275mm (that's what the tire is; 275/70R16) I ask for help on here because I figure more people on here can help me with the sizing than my friends can. If I dont have enough info for you to be able to help, let me know and I'll reply back. I dont really know jack about tires and rims and all that jazz so anything helps.

Hi Joan

Standard alloy wheels are 16x8 zero offset with a 6x139.7 bolt spacing .

16x10 is likely to wide for your tyres but check the manufacture rim width guide . Alternatively you could alter the look some with a minus 35mm or so offset 16x8 .

I'm inclined to think you will have a far greater choice of aftermarket rims in America than I do i the UK , i'm sure i worked out once some chevy wheels fit ?

Do you have a suspension lift ?

I do not but it'd be kinda cool to get one at some point. Unlikely though

Quite some time ago i was looking at alloys from American racing 16x8 with a -30 offset - outlaw maybe ?

Yeah those seem to be the right specs, but im not sure i'd like the look of em on my car. I'll keep that one in mind though, thanks. Im looking now at the AR23's on American Racing

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My trucks are all black on black with some black bits but i figured silver will go better with yours assuming its white from your profile pic

The forums busiest times are on a UK clock and its 5am here so you might get some suggestions a few hours from now

My trucks are all black on black with some black bits but i figured silver will go better with yours assuming its white from your profile pic
yeah mines light grey and darker grey trim. Idk im just not a fan of the pattern of the ones you sent. Im liking these Ar23's quite a bit though

In the states these are popular and look good on most Landcruiser’s. This is a small sample of styles and they have various color themes and when I looked before you can get 16x9 inch wide rims along with tires packages too. These being slighted wider give a nice stance to the landcruiser. There are pictures of the 80 with these but couldn’t find one to show you at this time.
A69F011F-DECB-4232-BA2C-A4233FEAD0D8.png

Attachments

• CC3D380E-D0AF-46E1-84ED-817DEA61B87D.png
    CC3D380E-D0AF-46E1-84ED-817DEA61B87D.png
    519.1 KB · Views: 34
Back