Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

80 v8 4.5

g wizz

Bought and sold my 80 diesel last year but keep looking, and tempted back, but this time I've cone across a late 80 with the v8 in it, any views on this engine, it's done 175k, apart from the obvious fuel issue is this a good reliable engine ?

You sure it's a V8? I'm not aware of any 80s that came from the factory with a V8 (but that doesn't mean that Toyota didn't produce them like that :lol: )
You'd need the model code to be sure - if it was a factory fit v8, I guess the model code would be something like UZJ80...

My guess is it's either a conversion or a straight six 4.5l (the 2UZ V8 petrol is a 4.7l)
To answer your question, the 4.7l V8 is a good engine and is a little less thirsty than the straight 6 4.5l, although I suspect that this is all relative :mrgreen:

Cheers,

Defo v8, it's on eBay, I was aware the last of the 80's did get the v8 that was to go into the 100

Thanks, Paul :thumbup:
I see the ad says 4477cc but the 2UZ is 4.7l, no? 4477cc is the same precise capacity as the 1FZ 4.5 straight 6 IIRC.
So is the ad description wrong or is this a different engine to the 2UZ?

Very interesting :ugeek: (disappearing off to do some research :shifty: )

Cheers,

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I think you will find that the picture of the engine bay is of the 100 series that they are also selling.
It will be interesting to see if I am wrong.

That's a 100 series engine bay, not an 80, and it just happens to be green not blue, so more than likely is from the green petrol 100 series they have for sale ;)

Nope. FZJ80 is a 4477cc straight six. And a damn nice one too if I do say so myself.

The 80 series never came out with a V8 to the best of my knowledge.

Back