Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

96 Colorado Rear Seat Belt

1nkling

Hi guys,

I've got the MOT booked for Wednesday and I noticed I have a tear in one of the rear seat belts which it will fail on. Even if it doesn't I need to get that sorted for the safety of my passengers.

Does anyone have a suitable replacement seatbelt at a bargain price? :icon-biggrin:

Also, can anyone advise me which seatbelts are suitable for me to replace it with? Will hi-lux ones fit? I don't want to limit my searching to just landcruiser 90 belts if it turns out I can obtain one from something else in the Toyota range.

Thanks for reading.

i think i may have one for you il have a look in my spares cave and let you know tomorow :icon-cool:

cant find the bugger but im almost sure i have it in a box somewhere i will find it

Well the cruiser got through the MOT. Couple of bulbs and an ARB bush were all it got flagged on. :dance:

I'm suprised the seatbelt didn't get even an advisory. Its buggered.

If you can find it Pete then I would still be very appreciative. Don't fancy gambling with passengers lives. Especially if I take my little nephews out at some point.

Another year, another MOT.

This year I wasn't so lucky with the seatbelt. Which is not a suprise considering the state of it.

So, anyway. I'm desperate for a drivers side rear seatbelt for my 90. Really I need it by Monday but I can't work out how to make that happen. None of my local scrappies have any cruisers. Does anyone know if other Toyota seatbelts are a match? Surf? 80? Etc..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I just paid £105 + vat each for new front seat belts , if you plan on keeping the truck i would say that's a bargain compared to what Mr T charges for general consumables .

Give Simon Holton a shout :thumbup:

Ouch.. I was hoping for a tenner.. :icon-biggrin:

I have my back seats folded forward a lot of the time so its only going to get occasional use. Obviously when it is I want it to be safe though.

I am really intrigued to see if any other Toyota belts would fit too.

I thought about doing the same and figure any old seat belt would likely bolt in if you get one without the airbag , its 2 bolts and a catch and all belts have far more length than you need so the search would be more for a colour match than anything else . Mind you Toyota seat belts all seem to suffer lazy retraction with age so i would be looking for a relatively new car that was written off , the most basic spec lowest new price Yaris might have plain old mechanical retractors without the explosive built in ?

The problem seems to be finding one that has the guide that bolts above the window. Can't see a way of getting that off and adding it to a belt without cutting it which would defeat the point. Thats why I thought surfs might be the answer.

Mines a 96 so is just mechanical inertia style.

OK no explosive i reckon you can change only the belt while keeping the reel and the guide . I took my belt apart its only held into the reel with a pin i will try to find a pic its on here somewhere . I was assuming the problems was with the retractor i missed the torn belt bit . I hav'nt dumped my old belts yet so i will see if it can be removed from the bracket tomorrow , if so i will post it to you .
seatbelt002_zps5af1dde1.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry that's a non starter it looks like the fold that holds the pin is actually stitched after the belt has been slotted through the inertia reel , i can't pull it through , so unless you know a saddle or sail maker who could stitch a loop for the pin its no use .

Managed to bodge a Honda seatbelt to fit well enough to get my MOT passed so now I have the chance to hunt down a belt at my leisure.

Thanks for taking the time to try and help me though. I was panicking as I'm towing a caravan to the Glastonbury festival site tomorrow.

Also if anyone does have a drivers side rear belt I'm still hunting.

Did you send Karl Webster an email on here yet?? He may have something lying around :icon-wink:

Back